To post or not to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To post or not to post

I’ve been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to post progress pictures of myself on social media. I don’t mean weekly pictures or anything but maybe once a month, in the hopes that I will be motivated to try very hard to look good for the pics that people will see. Is that a good idea? Does anyone do that?

If you think it will motivate you, go for it!

Comment

I agree with Drew, if you think it will motivate you, do it. I know a few people who do that and mostly they feel really positive abut it. Just remember that if you are going to post pictures publicly, even people you don't particularity like will see them. If you are going to do it, do it for yourself and not to try and impress others. I only say this cause every time I do something with the intention of impressing other people, it usually backfires or I don't get any feedback at all!

Comment

I say go for it! Positive feedback you receive from the pics you post is likely to keep you motivated and make you feel good. If you did it once a month or once every two months, people are likely to notice a difference in your appearance, especially those who don't see you often

Comment

I know people who have done it but I personally wouldn't do it. There are just way too many jerks online and I think if someone posted something negative about my photo it would upset me far more than it should. If you do decide to do it, I hope you have great friends and lots of self-confidence

Comment

Gurl just post it. Ur beautiful & im sure everyone will love 2 share in ur progress. Posting on social media is a great way 2 show everyone how much confidence u have in urself. Losing weight 4 healthy reasons is always something 2 celebrate & is worth sharing. I would do a monthly post.

Comment

That's easy for you to say, BabyButtons, you're a knockout But really, Bethie, listen to her. She makes a very good point.

Comment

Awww. If ever im having a bad day & feeling down on myself i think ill send u a pic of me envirotodd. Thank u. U sure know how 2 make a gurl feel special!

Comment

Yes...surprisingly I agree with eT and BB. Just post it. If it is something you've been thinking about, chances are you want to to do it. The people who matter in your life with support you and be happy for you. If you encounter someone who doesn't have something nice to say, they're a jerk and they don't deserve the time of day.

Comment

Looking forward to it, BabyButtons You give great advice and you motivate people, as well. After all, when Speeddemon can agree with both of us, then you know that you have done something especially good.

I think that your energies must be so powerfully positive that you are able to offset the negative energies surrounding SD.

But it is true, if you feel inspired to post your images, Bethie, then you should simply go ahead and do it. Few things have a more powerful force than the support of those who are closest with you. You’ll find that you will look forward to sharing the next one because you will be eager to find out what people have to say about the latest version of the new you.

It will also help you to better document your own weight loss. You might not see the change in yourself because you see yourself in the mirror every day, but as you look back over the pictures going into the past, you will see a considerable difference.

Comment

Thank you for all of the advice and support, everybody. Ok, I'm going to do it. I feel really tense and nervous haha. But I hope that I'll feel proud really soon

Comment

Good luck, Bethie! You should be proud I've posted my weight loss progress on my social media and I've got a lot of positive feedback. People were very nice and motivational. I hope it is the same experience for you

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                          Looking forward to it, BabyButtons You give great advice and you motivate people, as well. After all, when Speeddemon can agree with both of us, then you know that you have done something especially good.

I think that your energies must be so powerfully positive that you are able to offset the negative energies surrounding SD.

But it is true, if you feel inspired to post your images, Bethie, then you should simply go ahead and do it. Few things have a more powerful force than the support of those who are closest with you. You’ll find that you will look forward to sharing the next one because you will be eager to find out what people have to say about the latest version of the new you.

It will also help you to better document your own weight loss. You might not see the change in yourself because you see yourself in the mirror every day, but as you look back over the pictures going into the past, you will see a considerable difference.

Hahaha! He just needed our combined positivity! Together we r a great team

Comment

You guys are all so silly LOL Thank you for the really nice comments, though. Actually I got some really good support from my friends and my aunt, so you were right

Comment

As long as you have people who are supportive like that, it's really helpful to post. I agree with everyone here.

Comment

Working...
                              X