Be kind to yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be kind to yourself

When it comes to weight loss photos, always remember that there will be parts of yourself that you will never like, even after you lose the weight. Do not expect yourself to go from what you don't like to supermodel. Have realistic expectations when you compare photos. Remember, what you are observing is how much weight you have lost. Do not have a photoshopped image in your mind, or all you will see are the flaws.

A very good point, Freddy. I think far too many of us are expecting that after we lose weight we'll look 10 times better than we did before we lost it. While we do look better, we still look like ourselves, only slimmer. It is important to focus on the bigger picture and not obsess over the the little details.

Comment

That is really true but it's also really hard to stick to. I know that as soon as I look in the mirror, it's like my eyes are trying to find my flaws. That can take a long time to fix

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        That is really true but it's also really hard to stick to. I know that as soon as I look in the mirror, it's like my eyes are trying to find my flaws. That can take a long time to fix

I couldn't agree more, Bonnie. Logically I know what I should be looking at when I see pictures of myself or when I look in the mirror, but I'm always criticizing what I don't like. I feel like I've been programmed to do that since I was a kid, to always look for the flaws. Sometimes I wish I could tell my brain to shut up. *sigh*

Comment

I think everyone can agree that we should look past our flaws, but that really is something that is easier said than done. As Janet mentioned,most of us have been pretty much programmed our whole lives to see our flaws. We're told that what is on the inside is what counts or to look for our inner beauty, but the media tells us we should be obsessed with how we look. I find it difficult sometimes as a man to feel confident in how I look and I imagine it must be doubly harder for women.

Comment

Working...
          X