Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your after photos ever looked worse than your before shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have your after photos ever looked worse than your before shots?

Hi, I've been taking some before and after photos and I'm finding that I liked myself better in pictures that I took before. I am losing weight at a health rate and I'm not underweight, but for some reason I like the way I looked before better LOL. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Haha. Sometimes this has happened 2 me. But it may just be that u dont like something about the picture. Maybe u dont like what u wore or u took it in bad light or u may have taken it on an unflattering angle. Figure out what u liked best in the old photo u like better & then u will know what it is about the newer 1 that makes u less happy

Comment

That's exactly it. You need to be very careful about how you take pictures of yourself during every shot. Whether you are taking monthly pictures, or you just take before and after shots of your entire weight loss process, you need to ensure that you are taking the photos from the same angles and even in the same rooms and lighting to ensure that you are doing an accurate comparison. That is why you often see a lot of people also wearing the same clothing. Because some clothing is more flattering than other so if you happened to be looking your best and you took a great photo when you started your weight loss, and then you wore something unflattering and took the picture at a bad angle when you finished your weight loss, it could easily looks as though you had really declined in overall appearance as a result of all of your hard work, careful eating, and regular exercise.

Comment

It's happened to me, too Wolfmoon LOL. I don't know if I like my older pictures better because I look younger, if it's because I was happier at the time in my life, or if I liked the clothes I wore...really don't have a clue. It is super strange when that happens though!

Comment

Try not to take the photo as a kind of chore, like the way that you weigh yourself. Wait until you're genuinely feeling happy. As TaraNorth said, your mood and other similar factors play an important role in how good you look in a photo!

Comment

Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Comment

Working...
            X