Don't use photoshop for motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't use photoshop for motivation

One of my friends thought it would be a good idea to use a photoshop-like program on one of her pictures to trim off the parts of her that she didn't like and to put her at her "ideal" weight. The idea was to use this picture as a motivation for her to reach her target weight and look as "good" as she did in the photo....needless to say, it didn't work. She did lose some wight but she kept comparing all of her "before" pictures to this one fake photo of herself and felt discouraged. Please don't use one of these programs to enhance your photo and use this photo as motivation for weight loss...it doesn't end well. Be realistic about the way you look and accept your natural beauty and stop seeing them as flaws.

I’ve heard of that, too! There is an app that can “help” you to fix up your pictures so you can slim down or have puffier hair or do whatever you want. I personally think that it makes people look weird and not like humans, and the backgrounds get distorted behind them, but you’re right. That’s even harder on your motivation! It’s not realistic

Comment

Is it really that bad to use apps and photoshop tools to check and see how you’d look after you lose a certain amount of weight? I herad that visualizing your goals is one of the best ways to motivate yourself to keep up with them. Is that not good for weight loss?

Comment

Working...
      X