Blogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogging

I was thinking that to help me with my before and after photos for weight loss and with my weight loss goals in general, it would be a good idea to blog about my experience, post pictures, track my progress and do things like that. Do you think that would be a silly idea? I'm looking for new ways to motivate myself. I figure even if no one cares about my progress at least I'm doing something good for me and I'll always have a record of it. Plus, I think that blogging is kind of fun!

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
    I was thinking that to help me with my before and after photos for weight loss and with my weight loss goals in general, it would be a good idea to blog about my experience, post pictures, track my progress and do things like that. Do you think that would be a silly idea? I'm looking for new ways to motivate myself. I figure even if no one cares about my progress at least I'm doing something good for me and I'll always have a record of it. Plus, I think that blogging is kind of fun!
    That's a great idea if you feel like you'll be able to keep it up. I’ve started to track my progress using a free online tracking program, but I haven’t reached the point of blogging yet. I have another type of blog going on book reviews but I don’t know if I’d be able to keep up more than one of them because it is time consuming as much as it’s fun.

If you do start to blog about your progress, be sure to drop the link off here at this forum so that we can support you, too. That’s a great way to make sure that you can get the support of as many people as you can. Just be sure to screen the comments so that you can keep trolls under control. No need to let them have any control over your support system! There are way more of us than there are of them

Comment

Ohhh blogging is brave. Go for it, BabyButtons!

Comment

Thank you both for your support!

enviroTodd, I will be sure to keep the trolls under control. I didn't know you had a book blog! that's exciting. I can understand how running two blogs at once would be a lot of work. I imagine I'll have my own work cut out for me. When I do my blog I will be sure to post the link so anyone who wants to track my progress, can. Have you read any good books lately? Do you review all kinds of books?

Comment

It's true that it's a lot of work but if it's something you really believe in, people will start to support you (when you keep trolls under control) and you'll quickly find that you will actually want to keep doing your blog and - because of that - you'll want to keep up your healthful efforts for yourself, too. It is very rewarding and you'll be willing to put in the extra effort in order to make sure you get that reward.

I have read a few great books lately. I review young adult fiction because I'm a very slow reader and I want a story that will be a fast page turner. I focus all my heavy reading on new studies about nutrition and natural health.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            It's true that it's a lot of work but if it's something you really believe in, people will start to support you (when you keep trolls under control) and you'll quickly find that you will actually want to keep doing your blog and - because of that - you'll want to keep up your healthful efforts for yourself, too. It is very rewarding and you'll be willing to put in the extra effort in order to make sure you get that reward.

I have read a few great books lately. I review young adult fiction because I'm a very slow reader and I want a story that will be a fast page turner. I focus all my heavy reading on new studies about nutrition and natural health.

OMG I love YA fiction! I'm such a sucker for all of these books, especially the romances hahaha. I know a lot of them are cheeseball, but a couple of the series I've read I've really enjoyed. Have you read a book called Cinder? I really liked that one Have you ever read new adult fiction? You might like that, too. It's pretty similar to YA.

And what about natural health? Have you read any good stuff recently? I've actually be focusing a lot on the benefits of different teas. I don't drink coffee and have to really watch my caffeine consumption (it makes me too jittery), but I really enjoy my cup of green tea a day

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

OMG I love YA fiction! I'm such a sucker for all of these books, especially the romances hahaha. I know a lot of them are cheeseball, but a couple of the series I've read I've really enjoyed. Have you read a book called Cinder? I really liked that one Have you ever read new adult fiction? You might like that, too. It's pretty similar to YA.

And what about natural health? Have you read any good stuff recently? I've actually be focusing a lot on the benefits of different teas. I don't drink coffee and have to really watch my caffeine consumption (it makes me too jittery), but I really enjoy my cup of green tea a day
              LOL I can't say that I'm much for romance books. Normally if a book goes too far in that direction, I don't like it very much. I like sci-fi and fantasy though. I have read cinder and liked it a lot. I'm working through the rest of the series at my slow pace.

I haven't found too much in terms of books I've liked recently, that is for health and weight loss. I've been reading a lot of articles and studies since I haven't liked the books I've read very much. I don't like it when books pretend that they are a solution to all health problems when they're actually saying something ridiculous or they're just regurgitating what everyone else has already published time and time again. I can't believe that there isn't anything new to say when there have been such a large number of important discoveries made over recent years.

Comment

Haha. Well, if you're ever ready a YA book that is too romancey for you, let me know what it is and I'll be sure to pick it up hee hee.

I do know what you mean about a lot of diet books. They don't really have much to offer in terms of providing any new information. It really kind of feels like anyone (especially a celebrity) can slap their name on a book, call it a health book, and sell it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem much like quality sells these days. When I was younger I used to find it interesting to see what my favorite celeb thought about dieting and weight loss, but now I want to know what an actual expert thinks.

Comment

Working...
                X