What dress size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dress size?

If I still have 8 months before I have to be in a wedding party and I’m losing weight now, how many dress sizes smaller should I get my dress? I plan to lose around 5 pounds per month. It’s not too fast but I’m trying to be realistic.

Hmm...that's a tough question. It sounds like the dress you need to get is supposed to be pretty fitted. I don't think I'd risk getting any less than two dress sizes down from where you are now. In fact, I'd probably personally only risk one size. The reason is that if you don't end up achieving your goal and your dress doesn't fit, altering it is going to be problematic because it's always WAY easier to take-in a dress than it is to take it out. I'd far rather have a dress too large and have it altered than run the risk of it not fitting in it at all

Comment

I think I'd only go down one size, too. I'd be way too worried that I'd not lose as much weight as I wanted/thought and I'd be too big for my dress. As M-Stark334 says, it's far better to have to take in a dress. You can cut away material, you can't add it back on.

Comment

I don't really know about dress sizes but it's better that you get one that fits than you get skinnier. Why don't you just wait to get it?

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
          I don't really know about dress sizes but it's better that you get one that fits than you get skinnier. Why don't you just wait to get it?
          I agree with KraftMan. Unless it's absolutely necessary that you get it now, I would also wait. I'm sure you'll want to look your best, no matter what size you are by the wedding. The best way to do this is with a dress that fits

Comment

Definitely wait for as long as you can. If you can't just drop one size

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
              Definitely wait for as long as you can. If you can't just drop one size
              I'd trust your advice, BabyButtons. I bet you always look great in what you wear. Have you been having much luck with your diet or are you staying perfect the way you are?

Comment

Working...
              X