negative pic comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negative pic comments

I’m having a hard time dealing with some harsh comments people have made when I posted some weight update pics on Facebook. Any advice?

I'm sorry to hear that PamelaPoison. I don't understand why some people can be serious jerks. That said, I think there's really only two things that you can do. The first, is to simply ignore what people have said. The second is that if you don't like what people have said, it's your Facebook, so it's up to you what goes on your wall. Feel free to delete any comments you don't like. You may also want to think about if it's worth being friends on Facebook with individuals who would make such harsh comments. If, on the other hand, the people who are making the harsh comments are not on your friend's list, upgrade your security and make your wall private, so only your friends can see what you post. You can also change the settings so that only certain people on your friends list can see what you post. There are many ways to weed out the bad apples. Don't let other people make you feel bad about yourself. If they don't have anything positive to say, then make it so they can't say anything at all

Comment

Aww some people can be so cruel! I agree with Wolfmoon. The best thing to do is to delete the comments you don't like and block these people from seeing these posts in the future. Anyone who says hurtful things to you isn't your friend. You don't need people like that in your life and definitely not on your facebook. You're beautiful PamelaPoison and I think it's great that you share your progress reports with others. Don't let the insecurities and negative energies of others bring you down!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        Aww some people can be so cruel! I agree with Wolfmoon. The best thing to do is to delete the comments you don't like and block these people from seeing these posts in the future. Anyone who says hurtful things to you isn't your friend. You don't need people like that in your life and definitely not on your facebook. You're beautiful PamelaPoison and I think it's great that you share your progress reports with others. Don't let the insecurities and negative energies of others bring you down!
        That's very good advice BabyButtons. Nobody needs someone that negative bringing darkness into their lives. People who are full of negativity only breed negativity. So if you cut them out of your life and focus on the people who will bring positivity, you'll do yourself a huge favor and will be able to breed positivity into your life. People who are only there to spread negativity aren't worth your time, effort or energy. Ignore them and cut them off. Don't let them control you.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if I can just block some of the people in my life. I'm going to think about that a lot though. At least I can delete their comments. Thanks guys

Comment

Yeah, definitely start by deleting their comments. You can actually stop people who you don't want commenting from seeing your posts without actually blocking them, though. That's what I'd suggest. Make Facebook friends who you don't want seeing everything you post, "acquaintances". Then, every time you make a post, you'll be given the option to share the post with everyone or just "Friends except acquaintances". That's what I do and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
              Yeah, definitely start by deleting their comments. You can actually stop people who you don't want commenting from seeing your posts without actually blocking them, though. That's what I'd suggest. Make Facebook friends who you don't want seeing everything you post, "acquaintances". Then, every time you make a post, you'll be given the option to share the post with everyone or just "Friends except acquaintances". That's what I do and it works great.
              That's a really good idea about making people acquaintances instead of friends so you can screen what certain people see. They won't be alerted so they'll never even know you've posted anything unless you want them to.

Comment

Working...
              X