The truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth

Right now I feel like I'm in a rock and a hard place with my friend who is losing weight. She's been taking pictures of herself to track her progress and she wants me to analyze them with her and tell here where I think she's lost weight and essentially tell her how much better she looks and so on and so forth. Trouble is, I honestly don't see a difference from one picture to the next! I don't see the weight loss she's seeing and I have no idea to tell her that!! I mean I know that honesty is technically the best policy but I feel like if I'm too honest she'll be upset and discouraged and won't keep up her motivation. What would you guys do in this situation?

It's not good to be between a rock and a hard place with a friend. That's definitely one of them. Personally, I'd say that I"m not comfortable doing it. If you really can't do that, ask her where she thinks she's made progress and where she sees the difference in the pictures. Then all you can do is tell her honestly if you see the same difference or not. You can always tell her that you see a difference in real life that you don't see in the pictures - if you do, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X