Adipose tissue busting diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adipose tissue busting diet?

Just wondering if there’s any kind of diet that targets the adipose tissue so you will end up burning the bad white fat that isn’t good for your health, instead of burning through the brown or even beige stuff that is technically fine being there. Anyone know?

Hmmm...I"m not sure of what diet would be best for that but I've read that a good rule of thumb is to make sure you're getting 55% of your calories form carbohydrates from sources like vegetables and whole grains. 20% of your calories should come from protein from sources like fish and lean cuts of chicken. the remaining 25% of calories should come from fats like avacado and olive oil.

Comment

Maybe try the Brown Fat Revolution Diet. It focuses on eliminating yellow fat (the bad stuff) and focuses on the good fat (the brown stuff). I mean, there's a lot more to it than that, but that's the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        Maybe try the Brown Fat Revolution Diet. It focuses on eliminating yellow fat (the bad stuff) and focuses on the good fat (the brown stuff). I mean, there's a lot more to it than that, but that's the gist of it.
        That actually sounds really interesting. I"m going to google it. Have you done it yourself? Any tips? Or is this just something youv'e heard of?

Comment

Nope never tried it. Just something I've heard of.

Comment

what is adipose tissue?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              what is adipose tissue?

Basically, adipose tissue is fat. More specifically it's the loose connective tissue that's made up of adipocytes (fat cells). The main role of this tissue is to store energy in the form of fat. It also insulates and cushions the body. It's typically found under the skin but can also be around organs. Obesity is dependent on the amount of body fat you have - more specifically - adipose tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

Basically, adipose tissue is fat. More specifically it's the loose connective tissue that's made up of adipocytes (fat cells). The main role of this tissue is to store energy in the form of fat. It also insulates and cushions the body. It's typically found under the skin but can also be around organs. Obesity is dependent on the amount of body fat you have - more specifically - adipose tissue.
                I'm not entirely sure I understand any of what you said other than that being obese depends on how much adipose tissue you have. So is adipose tissue something you already have and it gets bigger and smaller or is it something that you grow and then remove? THis is so confusing. I just thought you had fat on yoru body and then you use it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

I'm not entirely sure I understand any of what you said other than that being obese depends on how much adipose tissue you have. So is adipose tissue something you already have and it gets bigger and smaller or is it something that you grow and then remove? THis is so confusing. I just thought you had fat on yoru body and then you use it up.
                  We all have adipose tissue. How I understand it is that people who are obese have more adipose tissue than others. You can gain and lose all fat in your body.

Comment

Working...
                  X