Do it For Your Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it For Your Health

Weight loss is important if you're really overweight or obese. But don't do it for the way you look. If you do, you won't stick to it for your life, and you won't keep up healthy habits. You're more likely to try less healthy things that will get you faster results. Focus on your nutrition, enjoyment and physical activity. That will help you to build a better relationship with your lifestyle and with your body.

This is good advice. Often we focus so much on the way we look we forget that being healthy is truly what is important to us and what matters to us the most in the end. You can be as pretty as can be on the outside, but if you feel awful or your can't do things because you have poor health, the way you look isn't going to make you feel better. On the other hand, if you focus on your health, you can maintain it and it won't stop you from living your life and doing the things that you enjoy. I find as I get older I take my health less and less for granted and I'm grateful for it. Thanks for the advice, enviroTodd.

Comment

It's so true! Health is such a better goal. When you're healthy you'll be so much happier and you'll probably even like the way you look better, too, because being health isn't only physical, it's mental and emotional. The healthier you are mentally and emotionally, the more you will love yourself. You're right, as always, enviroTodd <3

Comment

Exactly. It's all interconnected. When one part of your health gets better, it supports the rest and you'll feel better overall.

Comment

I get what you're saying, but I have to say that being a particularly vain person, my vanity is what actually drives me to lose weight and make better choices for myself. I think that of a person is losing weight in a healthy way, it doesn't matter what motivates them, health or otherwise. As long as it's positive, that's great

Comment

Good point. As long as you have positive motivation and your goal is healthy, go for it!

Comment

Losing weight for health reasons is probably the best because, honestly, without your health, you really kinda have nothing. Being healthy is what truly allows you to enjoy life to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
              X