A good diet for overnight working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good diet for overnight working

From Sunday to Thursday I work overnights from 11 pm to 7 am. This has seriously wreaked havoc with my diet. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a diet that would be easy to follow and that could still help me with weight loss, even at my odd hours?

I used to do overnights and i know just what you mean. You knwo what I found worked? I ate all my meals backward. I got up and ate "dinner", then lunch at lunchtime, then "breakfast" before heading to bed. For some reason while I was living backward on the clock, eating backward worked best. No idea why

Comment

Have you looked at WW. They're very flexible and work with your schedule. Worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        Have you looked at WW. They're very flexible and work with your schedule. Worth checking out.
        I agree! WW is a great way to keep track of what you're eating no matter when you may be up.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I agree! WW is a great way to keep track of what you're eating no matter when you may be up.
          I agree as well. Just make sure not to slip into the habit of choosing processed foods just because they fit into the plan. YOu'll do far better with whole foods for their energy balance, especially when your sleep schedule is in reverse to natural light.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I used to do overnights and i know just what you mean. You knwo what I found worked? I ate all my meals backward. I got up and ate "dinner", then lunch at lunchtime, then "breakfast" before heading to bed. For some reason while I was living backward on the clock, eating backward worked best. No idea why
            This makes so much sense! I never thought about doing that. Gonna try it.

Thanks for the WW suggestions, too, guys. I'll consider this as well.

Comment

Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
              X