Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to take part in the Jenny Craig diet program with paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to take part in the Jenny Craig diet program with paying?

Hi. I know that Jenny Craig is a paid diet program, but is it possible to be a member without paying a fee? Do you have to purchase the food that goes with the program? I think this could be a pretty good diet program, but it would cost a fortune to take part in it for the long term and I just don't have that kind of money to drop. If anyone knows about a free version I'd love to know about it. Thanks

I don't think so. I think as a non-member you can access some of their free tools online, such as recipes, the blog, some articles and other little things like that. However, to really take advantage of the bulk of the program, you have to become a member and that costs money. They do have promotions every once in a while where you can do the first month free, but after that you still have to pay the monthly subscription fee. Also, the food is an additional cost and buying the meals is an important part of the program. If you're looking to do a popular diet program for free, you might want to try weight watchers instead.

Comment

No gurl. U got 2 pay. Thats 1 of the reasons i never joined. 2 expensive!

Comment

Teensytiff is right. There are some free tools on the website but the very heart of the Jenny Craig program is essentially its food. That's why they often have sales on their membership price. Because that's not really where they make their money. They're in business because they charge you to send out their meals that will keep you on track within the limitations of the eating portion of the program. You could try to do it yoruself with the meals, but if that's what you're looking for, you'd be better off with Weight Watchers.

If you really think about it, though, Jenny Craig isn't too expensive since you won't likely be spending much at the grocery store while you're on it and you'll reduce your snacking by a lot. Fast food will be completely gone.

The part that I find problematic with meal order-in diets is that it's great for you but then you still have to prepare a whole other meal for your family!

Comment

This program is expensive, especially over the long term. You can lose weight on it and the ready-meals are super convenient and not bad tasting from what I hear, but it's really not the cheapest way to lose weight.

Comment

darn...that's what I kind of thought! Ah well, just thought I'd check. Thanks for all your input!

Comment

Working...
            X