Which IF diet is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which IF diet is best?

Intermittent fasting. It's not just one diet. There are a lot of them. Which one is best? I'd never want to do something extreme like a 5 day fast, but what about the ones that give you an 8 hour window each day or something like that?

I have no idea which one is best, but I always do what I can to fast between 10 and 12 hours overnight. So, I make my food cut off time at night like 7pm and I won't eat again until like 8 or 9 the following day. That's how I do it and so far it seems to work for me.

Comment

Two of the best IF diets I've heard about are:

Daily Time-Restricted Feeding - which gives you limited period of time when you can eat each day, usually 6 - 8 hours.
      5:2 Intermittent Fasting - This is a type of fasting that requires you to only eat one moderate-sized meal on two days each week.

Both can be beneficial if this is something that you think might work for you. Personally, I think the Daily Time-Restricted Feeding sounds like it would be easier, but 1 - I'm not a doctor and 2 - I know that we're all different. I guess the best thing you could is to research both types, think about which one might work best and then give it a try.

Comment

I like 16/8 intermittent fasting. 16 hours of fasting. 8 hours of eating. It's the most normal in my opinion. Not extreme at all and flexible even if you have a breakfast meeting one day and a late dinner on another day.

Comment

Personally I think it's weird to go out of your way to fast. I mean, it makes sense to stop eating after a certain point in the evening so you don't give yourself a whole pile of indigestion at bedtime, but fasting during the day seems weird and I imagine it's complicated for the average person to do or stay committed to. You really need to make sure you're getting enough protein and fiber and things when you do this to make sure you're not running on fumes.

Comment

Working...
          X