What's best for top metabolism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's best for top metabolism

What type of a diet program should I follow if I want to keep my metabolism super-charged all the time, and which ones should I avoid?

I think you should go for the type that keep you active, that focus on hydration and that balance your macros (carbs, proteins, fats). Avoid anything too extreme like those that all but eliminate carbs in favor of proteins or fats. Don't drop your calories too low because that slows your metabolism down.

Comment

One that focuses on a healthful balanced diet and that also includes exercise Not crashing your diet is important for metabolism but so is exercise. The more muscle you build, the harder your metabolism typically works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I think you should go for the type that keep you active, that focus on hydration and that balance your macros (carbs, proteins, fats). Avoid anything too extreme like those that all but eliminate carbs in favor of proteins or fats. Don't drop your calories too low because that slows your metabolism down.
        Thanks. How do you find something that balances your macros and how would I find out what type of balance I need? This sounds really smart, but I've never even heard of balancing macros before.

Comment

Essentially, if you want to lose weight, a general rule of thumb for macro ration is 10-30% carbs, 40-50% protien and 30-40% fat.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
            Essentially, if you want to lose weight, a general rule of thumb for macro ration is 10-30% carbs, 40-50% protien and 30-40% fat.
            Unless you're doing keto or something like that. Then the percentage shifts. It's closer to 75% fat,15-20% protein, 5-10% carbs

Comment

Working...
            X