Does age matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does age matter?

Are some diet programs better or more successful for people depending on their age? I know that may be an odd question, but as our body and metabolism changes as we age, would this change the effectiveness of certain diets?

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
    Are some diet programs better or more successful for people depending on their age? I know that may be an odd question, but as our body and metabolism changes as we age, would this change the effectiveness of certain diets?
    Yes, I think so. We need different nutrition and have different physical activity capacities at different ages. Something that I would do at 20 won't be the same as what I'd do at 65. The same can be said about a teen or someone in their forties. Overall, the concepts are the same, but the smaller details that fit a weight loss strategy into our lives and nutritional needs will have to be tweaked. That can be said about a lot of things, though, not just age. Where you live, how much budget you have, if you're male or female, or even whether you work outside the home can all help to decide what kind of strategy you want to take on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Yes, I think so. We need different nutrition and have different physical activity capacities at different ages. Something that I would do at 20 won't be the same as what I'd do at 65. The same can be said about a teen or someone in their forties. Overall, the concepts are the same, but the smaller details that fit a weight loss strategy into our lives and nutritional needs will have to be tweaked. That can be said about a lot of things, though, not just age. Where you live, how much budget you have, if you're male or female, or even whether you work outside the home can all help to decide what kind of strategy you want to take on.
      You're right. I guess there is a lot more to do with it than just age. Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm going to look at my weight management strategies from a lot of different angels now, and not just because I don't have a 20 year old body anymore.

Comment

You're right. I guess there is a lot more to do with it than just age. Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm going to look at my weight management strategies from a lot of different angels now, and not just because I don't have a 20 year old body anymore.
        In general, no, age doesn't matter. The concepts art he same. But when it comes down to the details - what you eat, how much, your workout - it depends on your age as well as lots of other factors, too. Age isn't everything, but it's something.

Comment

Age doesn't matter. Starting weight, fitness level, eating strategy and that sort of thing matter. Any other factors like your sex, age, etc play very small roles that just aren't as important as the big ones

Comment

No. Age doesn't matter. Since it's all about finding the right lifestyle changes for you no matter what your age, height, sex, activity level and so on, it's only one of a lot of factors that are taken into consideration for any individual. It matters like anything else does, but it doesn't define your ability to succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X