No announcement yet.

Are GI diet plans good for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are GI diet plans good for weight loss?

Hi everyone. I'm considering different diet program options and I was wondering if anyone has tried a GI (glycemic index) diet program? If so, what's it like and do you recommend it? Thanks!

I've never tried one of these diets, but I know that a lot of them are based on lowering the number of carbs that you eat. Some of them even encourage you to be gluten-free. In my opinion, unless you have some sort of health problem (ex. diabetes) or an allergy to gluten, steer clear of these sorts of diets, because they can be extreme for some people.

Comment

I would recommend looking into diet plans like The Zone Diet and Sugar Busters. These are two popular GI Diets that you can read up on to find out if this sort of diet plan is something that will work for you. Personally I think the concept behind these diets is good, as lowering your sugar intake can help to reduce the risk of certain health conditions. However, some people find these diets really hard to follow, especially on their own. Also, In many cases, if you concentrate on eating a diet filled with healthy foods, you'll naturally lower your sugar intake. It all just boils down to what works for you.

Comment

They can be very good for weight loss, especially if you like following regimented diets. That said, some of them recommend that you cut out gluten and encourage you to buy gluten free foods. You need to be careful buying pre-packaged gluten-free stuff because they are often really high in calories and fat. Don't forget, when you take out one ingredient, you need to replace it with another.

Comment

Wolfmoon - I had no idea that gluten-free products could be more fattening. I think I might investigate these diets a little further to see what they are about. I don't really want to do anything too extreme, but I would like to make certain adjustments to my diet and control what I eat more.

Comment

Working...
          X