Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What diet program is the most effect for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What diet program is the most effect for weight loss?

Poll time! Alright, so what do you think makes a diet program good. In other words, what features of a diet plan actually lead to weight loss in your opinion. With any luck, based on the answer you provide, you'll have somewhat of an idea of the kind of diets that appeal to you and may work best for your particular lifestyle and needs. Here we go!

In your opinion, what type of diet program is the most effective for weight loss?
    Calorie controlled diets
    20.00%
    Fasting diets
    0.00%
    Low fat diets
    26.67%
    Vegetarian/Vegan diets
    20.00%
    meal replacement diets
    0.00%
    Low carb diets
    13.33%
    meal delivery diets
    6.67%
    Other
    6.67%
    None of the above
    6.67%

In my opinion, if you're really serious about getting healthy and losing weight, you should eat healthy, balanced vegetarian meals, or at least follow as clear to vegetarianism as you can, even if you have meat once every week or two. This automatically reduces most of the calories and bad fats from many meals.

Comment

I think that the best thing is just to eat healthy the majority of the time and watch your portions. All calories aren't created equal, some fats are good fats, fasts slow down your metabolism, meal delivery diets have tiny portions of boring food and low carb diets are ridiculous. Just do what you know you should be doing to be healthy in the first place and you'll lose weight and keep it off

Comment

If you reduce (not eliminate) carbs - especially sugar - the weight comes off faster.

Comment

I agree with Drew. Cutting carbs is the best way to go.

Comment

I like meal delivery diets. I like having meals already prepared. Its convenient and I don't have to count my calories so much. However, the one downside is that a lot of these diets are quite expensive. I've never been able to stay on them for too long. However, when I did, I lost a lot of weight and I loved it.

Comment

I think diets that concentrate on lowering the amount of fat you ingest are the best. I like knowing what food are high in fats and avoiding them. I think watching how much fat you eat is more important than counting calories.

Comment

Knowing how many calories you should be ingesting in a day for your gender, age, etc. is important. When you count your calories you have a better chance of making sure you are both not over doing it and getting enough.

Comment

Vegetarian. The less meat you eat the better for your health and your waistline!

Comment

I'd have to say vegan, because most of the vegans I know are skinny LOL

Comment

cut out the fat and you will cut the pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                        cut out the fat and you will cut the pounds.
                        That is actually an old way of thinking. It feels like it makes sense because you'd think that fat produces fat. Especially since we're always hearing about how bad fats are and how many calories they contain. However, there is a difference between good fats and bad fats. For example, Omega 3 fatty acids are very good for you and they are high in calories, but they have also been proven to actually help a person to LOSE weight. They just need to be consumed in moderation. Also, fats are necessary because they help to absorb fat soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, E, and K. The first two of those are important antioxidants. If you cut down on the fats, you may not be enjoying the positive energy flow from the nutrition available from the foods you consume because you won't have a proper vehicle from which to take them into yourself.

Comment

I find low fat diets are probably the best. It's so easy to eat high fatty foods and that's where a lot of the extra weight comes from.

Comment

I don't think there really is one type of diet that is good for weight loss. I think it is a combination of many things that make up a good plan for weight loss. It's equally as important to watch your fat intake as it is your carb and calorie intake. Make healthy food choices, limit your portion sizes and NEVER fast. Fasting is one of the best ways to ensure that the weight you lose will come back with a vengence!

Comment

I have to say none. I don't think anyone is better than other.

Comment

Working...
                              X