Do meal delivery diet plans work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do meal delivery diet plans work?

Do diet programs that involve eating meals created for the diet plan that are delivered to your home (ex. Jenny Craig) actually help you to lose weight? Is the biggest drawback with these diet plans the cost of the food or is there more? For instance, is the food that they provide for you actually good for you, even if it helps you to lose weight? Has anyone tried this kind of program and had good or a bad experience? I'm very interested in learning more about it. Thank you.

I think for the most part they do. I've heard some good things about Jenny Craig, specifically. A friend of mine who tried it lost weight and was really happy with the program. However, she did say it was really expensive and when she stopped doing it she gained back all of her weight. I think the biggest problem with these plans is that you can become too reliant on having your food prepared for you and not learn how to make the best food/meal choices for yourself because it has already been done for you. Therefore, when you stop the program, you no longer have these pre-designed foods to eat and you have to start making food for yourself again.

Comment

These are meant specifically for short term weight loss and not long term health. You won't be able to stick to these forever so you may as well learn how to cook foods that cost a fraction of these meal delivery diet plans and that will help you to stop the weight from coming back. Your weight loss is the opportunity to rediscover your lifestyle. It is a transition phase toward the long term. It needs to be thought of in the way that you will learn now what you can do for the rest of your life. Discover the easy healthy recipes that aren't swimming in calories now so that you won't fall back to your old habits once you reach your weight loss goal.

Comment

I agree with enviroTodd. They are fine for short-term dieting but you really can't depend on them as a lifestyle. It really is just better to take the time to learn how to cook and choose the right foods for your diet. You will be a lot happier in the long run that you took the time to learn, even if at first it's annoying. Just remember, your health is worth it. There really isn't anything more important.

Comment

Ya, I don't believe in these types of diet plans. You're just giving your money away in my opinion and taking the lazy way out while you're at it. Save your money and engage in a realistic health plan that will lead to weight loss that will last.

Comment

I had a feeling they were more of a short-term plan. They don't sound very realistic, but I was curious anyway. So it sounds like it can help you lose weight but don't expect for this weight to stay off once you quit the program.

Comment

Working...
            X