Sugar Busters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Busters!

Has anyone tried Sugar Busters! diet before? A friend of mine has been raving about it but it sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Am I wrong?

I don't like any diet that is tremendously restrictive to the point that the odds are that you really won't ever be able to stick to it long term. I feel that it is a very good idea to take out as much refined sugar from your diet as you can. The more you can eliminate, the better. But realistically speaking, there is going to be some that is going to find its way in now and again, so you may as well accept that fact, make peace with yourself, and learn how to make up for that flaw in your diet by making more positive steps that will encourage healthy energy flow and enhanced nutrition through a balance of whole foods.

Comment

I'm not really sure, Speeddemon. I read about it a little bit on WebMD and it sounds like it's pretty good as long as you are willing to give up refined sugar. You're still allowed fruits and things like honey. So if you want to get unhealthy sugars out of your diet, this could have potential, I guess. It would certainly be good for you and make weight loss easy if you're willing to try that kind of change.

Comment

I haven't really heard good things about this diet. I agree with enviroTodd. I think it's too restrictive, as well. This diet has good ideas but it's not really practical for a lot of people to follow. When you have to make too many changes, chances are that you will quit it before long.

Comment

This sounds like it would be a hard diet to follow. I also think that cutting out refined sugar is a good idea, but if it is not done in a practical way, it will be hard to follow and you are likely to quit, unless you happen to be someone who can go give up a lot and stick to it. Personally, I'd fail.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            I don't like any diet that is tremendously restrictive to the point that the odds are that you really won't ever be able to stick to it long term. I feel that it is a very good idea to take out as much refined sugar from your diet as you can. The more you can eliminate, the better. But realistically speaking, there is going to be some that is going to find its way in now and again, so you may as well accept that fact, make peace with yourself, and learn how to make up for that flaw in your diet by making more positive steps that will encourage healthy energy flow and enhanced nutrition through a balance of whole foods.

Does this diet actually expect u 2 eliminate all sugar from ur diet?

Comment

Not all sugar, BabyButtons. In fact, technically it isn't just sugar that it wants you to eliminate. It instructs you to remove all types of refined sugars, added sugars and sweeteners, refined white flour, white rice, and other foods that are carbohydrates that score high on the glycemic index, such as carrots and potatoes, among other things. It is slightly too extreme for me in that sense. I see nothing wrong with carrots. In fact, I think that they are very healthy foods that should be included quite regularly into a diet. I do like the elimination of refined sugar, white rice, white flour, etc, because it helps you to steer yourself toward whole grain options and more natural choices.

By following a lot of the rules of this diet, you are forced to take a more natural approach to what you are eating. At the same time, I do think that this strategy goes too far.

Comment

Ok lol. That makes a lot more sense. But ur right. That does sound very extreme. Some sugar especially natural sugar that exists in fruits & vegetables is good for u. How do they expect anyone 2 follow their diet if its so hard? Its hard enough cutting out refined sugars when u are used 2 them but cutting out natural ones makes it a little silly. I think u should invent a deit program envirotodd! I bet u would be good at it!

Comment

That’s exactly it, BabyButtons. I think that there really isn’t any reason that a diet should instruct you to have to cut something out of what you are eating just because it has sugars in it – natural sugars. If they are added sugars or sweeteners like white sugar, stevia, aspartame, sucralose, and all of those, they really should be avoided as much as possible, but you really can’t say the same thing for a carrot. That’s a veggie that is very high in sugar but it is also very high in antioxidants and important nutrients.

The point to eating healthy is to eliminate the elements that Mother Nature didn’t provide us. That gives us a tremendous range of different colors, flavors and textures, all with the nutrition that we require to make sure that our bodies run at our very best (and that yours stays perfect just the way it is )

Comment

Awww! u say the sweeetest things envirotodd. I was feeling down 2day but u made me feel so much better

Comment

Oh no, BabyButtons, what happened to make you feel blue, today? I hope that everything is alright. If you are ever feeling down, remember that you can post here. The people here are very friendly and even if it isn’t related to health and weight loss, we’ll still support you. The two of us have been chatting here for a long time and we both know that a part of health and healthy living is to have a positive flow of energy and a happy overall mental status. If you aren’t feeling that way, feel welcome to use this resource and we will help you to get turned around again. It does feel like some of the people who have been chatting away here for a long time are somewhat friends. Even Speeddemon, as much as we butt heads at time (or is it just that you are a butt head, Speedemon... ) I genuinely hope that you do feel better now, BabyButtons

Comment

Im feeling much better now! I just had 1 of those days when nothing was working out. Ur right. Having positive energy is an important part of healthy living. Usually im pretty happy and i think having our little talks on this forum is one of my favourite parts of my week! Thanks 4 being a good friend envirotodd!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                          Oh no, BabyButtons, what happened to make you feel blue, today? I hope that everything is alright. If you are ever feeling down, remember that you can post here. The people here are very friendly and even if it isn’t related to health and weight loss, we’ll still support you. The two of us have been chatting here for a long time and we both know that a part of health and healthy living is to have a positive flow of energy and a happy overall mental status. If you aren’t feeling that way, feel welcome to use this resource and we will help you to get turned around again. It does feel like some of the people who have been chatting away here for a long time are somewhat friends. Even Speeddemon, as much as we butt heads at time (or is it just that you are a butt head, Speedemon... ) I genuinely hope that you do feel better now, BabyButtons

I'm a proud butt head eT

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                            Im feeling much better now! I just had 1 of those days when nothing was working out. Ur right. Having positive energy is an important part of healthy living. Usually im pretty happy and i think having our little talks on this forum is one of my favorite parts of my week! Thanks 4 being a good friend envirotodd!
                            I completely understand, BabyButtons. We all go through those days. I'm glad that you can see the value of having positive energy and that you can work it into your lifestyle as a whole I am glad that you pop by here every week or so and drop a line. It does leave a very positive energy behind when you do and I feel that same positivity when I post here. I think that activities like this - social activities with positive outcomes - are very important to being able to keep up the healthiest lifestyle. it makes a big difference in everythign from weight management to keeping away disease.

Speedemon, I'm glad to hear that you've embraced what you are and are proud of it. That is healthy, too

Comment

Positivity really does make the biggest difference envirotodd. I couldnt agree more. There r a lot of negative people in my life & sometimes i look at them & i think that it must be exhausting carrying around all of that negativity. It would take a lot of effort 2 be that unhappy all the time. Ur kinda like my ray of sunshine

Comment

Working...
                              X