Just say NO to detox diets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say NO to detox diets

I'm always stunned at the number of different detox diets touted within the weight loss industry. Detox diets are quite simply a complete waste of your money, time and effort. Even worse, they are not good for you, can be very dangerous for some people, and they don't actually detox your body. You don't need to flush toxins out of your body by drinking weird beverages created by nutritionists or so-called medical experts. Nor do you need to take special supplements or enemas. The reason is that the human body is already equipped with a natural detox system, that's what our organs - primarily our liver and kidneys - are there for.

Furthermore, any weight that is lost following a detox diet primarily consists of water weight and muscle mass. All you are doing is flushing water out of your system and you dramatically lower your caloric intake. Essentially, you're throwing your body into starvation mode. So, ya, you'll shrink down, but as soon as this short-term program is over, you'll put it all back on and maybe even more when you return to eating solids and go back to your regular eating regimen. It will also be harder for you to lose the weight that you put back on because your metabolism is all messed up from tricking your body into thinking it was starving, so it runs a lot slower until it re-finds its balance.

So, please, just say "No" to detox diets...not unless, of course, you happen to enjoy starving your body and you like headaches, feeling constantly tired and being moody all for the sake of losing several pounds you'll put back on just as fast as you lost them.
    Last edited by Tony1968; 10-07-2014, 02:45 PM.

Wow...really? They're that bad? I just thought the biggest issue was that you gained all of the weight you lost, back. They really don't detox your body?

Comment

Ya detox diets are really bad. I couldn't agree more Tony1968!

Comment

Ya. I did one once, a long time ago. When I was young and stupid. Learned my lesson. Never again.

Comment

Awww, that's so upsetting to hear! I always thought that they did detox your body and really cleaned you out. I was considering doing one of these. I'm glad I read this first. Thanks Tony1968.

Comment

I don't actually mind doing a mild cleanse every once in a while, but usually it only lasts for a couple of days. I'd never do a huge detox diet. An all-liquid diet for several days is just foolish. I'd become a horrible person if I ever followed one of those hardcore types.

Comment

Working...
            X