No announcement yet.

Is there a way to cleanse your system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to cleanse your system?

Hi y'all. I know that many of the diet programs out there that involve cleanses are not good for you, but is there any way to cleanse your body in a way that is healthy and will help with weight loss and/or weight management. Thanks.

No, not really. I'm pretty sure your body naturally cleanses itself. I'd stay away from all of those diets that recommend fasting and living off their weird juices, soups and water. Just eat healthy.

Comment

I agree with Janet, there really isn't a good cleanse out there and you really don't need to do it. The organs in your body like your liver and kidneys help to take care of the problem. Therefore, if you want to make sure your system is cleansed, take care of these organs by not forcing them to have to overwork from putting too much toxins in your body, like alcohol for instance. Eat a healthy and balanced diet particularly rich in whole grains, as well as orange and dark leafy green vegetables, and fruits high in antioxidants. Avoid too much red meat, stick to lean meats and fish and lower your sugar and salt consumption. Drink plenty of water as well, this will help to keep you "clean".

Comment

No. I used to be a big supporter of cleanses but they really r not good 4 u. Any weight u lose u just gain it all back & they make u not feel very good. Any time ive done a cleanse ive been really moody i felt hungry all the time & i had a constant headache. Eat well, exercise, drink lots of water & get good sleep. Ur body will cleanse itself naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
          No. I used to be a big supporter of cleanses but they really r not good 4 u. Any weight u lose u just gain it all back & they make u not feel very good. Any time ive done a cleanse ive been really moody i felt hungry all the time & i had a constant headache. Eat well, exercise, drink lots of water & get good sleep. Ur body will cleanse itself naturally.
          That's exactly right! Mother Nature designed the body to cleanse itself. If you treat it right in the ways that BabyButtons has described, it will automatically do the type of cleansing that it needs, at a pace that it can handle. Unless you have a specific medical condition that requires it and your doctor has recommended it, then the odds are that a cleanse will do more harm than good. They are very shocking to the system even when they market themselves as being gentle with all natural ingredients.

Comment

Really? Absolutely none of the cleanses for diets are good? I know some of them are a little extreme, but so many of them are a recommended part of certain diet programs. I've even seen some cleanses recommended by registered dieticians and medical professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
              Really? Absolutely none of the cleanses for diets are good? I know some of them are a little extreme, but so many of them are a recommended part of certain diet programs. I've even seen some cleanses recommended by registered dieticians and medical professionals.

Unfortunately, you can't trust so-called "medical experts" who recommend cleanses. They really should be avoided. I learned this lesson the hard way, myself. Honestly, just eat a healthy balanced diet, limit the amount of sugars, salt and fat you eat, cut back on the alcohol and caffeine, drink more water and have an active lifestyle. Regardless of what you eat, your body will naturally cleanse itself of toxins, but by eating healthy you make it a lot easier for your body to function at optimal capacity. Plus you'll feel better too and be able to better manage your weight.

Comment

I'm genuinely surprised. I thought that there would be at least one that wouldn't be so bad for you, especially when so many exist and some are recommended by doctors or dieticians. Guess I'll be staying away from them. Thanks y'all.

Comment

Working...
                X