Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard of the negative calorie diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of the negative calorie diet?

I’m not sure if I actually want to do it or not but I’ve seen reviews that say that it’s good for some people…at the same time, I can’t seem to figure out what it is. Does anyone here know? I’d really like a bit of help. Thanks!

Never heard of it, but it sounds like it's some kind of fad diet to me

Comment

I wouldn't do it. I don't know much about the diet, but the things I have heard about it makes it sound a little extreme. It's good to eat foods low in calories, but it's also important to make sure you are eating the number of calories your body actually requires. Calories give you energy, and you need energy to do a lot of things, even when you're not moving around, your body burns energy to run certain processes like digestion,etc.

Comment

Essentially, the idea with this sort of diet is you eat foods that are known as a "negative-calorie food", which is a food like celery, for example, that requires more food energy to be digested than it actually provides. As Charlotte pointed out, eating a diet that is too low in calories isn't good for you and can work against you. Personally, I would avoid the diet.

Comment

Working...
        X