Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your blood type matter to your diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your blood type matter to your diet?

I heard about this diet called "The Blood Type Diet" that is supposed to help better your overall health and nutrition and can also help you lose weight. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Does what you eat matter based on your blood type?

Your blood type absolutely does not matter to your diet. Last year, a major study was conducted specifically on that diet and it was shown that it doesn't work. In fact, regardless of blood type, the most participants in the study lost weight if they followed the program for "Type" A. It didn't matter if they were Type A, type O, or anything else, if they followed that program, that was the one that saw the greatest success.

Your blood type has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to lose weight or the way in which you should be trying to do it. It is something that has never been based on science, even though it does sound as though it has some kind of scientific foundation. Your blood type does not mean that you process different foods in a different way, and it does not decide how weight will be distributed on your body, or burned back off again.

Comment

I agree with enviroTodd . Your blood type doesn't matter when it comes to your diet or weight loss.

Comment

I've never even heard of that before and it makes absolutely no sense to me. How can your blood type matter to your diet or weight loss? In my opinion if a Type A person and a Type O person ate the same healthy diet they'd both benefit from it, likewise if they both ate the same high-fat, bad-for-you-diet, it would have the same negative affect. I can't get over how many weird diets there are out there.

Comment

A diet for your blood type? That's one of the silliest things I've heard in a while!

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
            A diet for your blood type? That's one of the silliest things I've heard in a while!
            Well said. I think the entire idea is ridiculous

Comment

I though it did seem a little bogus but I was curious lol. Glad to see that everyone pretty much feels the same way about it. I'll be certain to cross this one off of my list of new weight loss diet contenders.

Comment

Working...
              X