Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low calorie or low carbs - which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low calorie or low carbs - which is better?

Hi everyone. I've noticed that a lot of weight loss diets tend to either focus on low calories or low carbs. Which one is actually better for weight loss? Also, which one do you think is easier to follow? Thanks!

I think it's better to lower your calories. Watching how many calories you ingest in a day should help you to make better food choices. At the same time, it is important that you find out how many calories you actually require for your age, gender, size, etc. You will lose weight when you burn off more calories than you consume, but this doesn't mean you should drop your daily intake of calories to a dangerously low level.

Comment

I agree with Janet. Concentrate on your calories, not on your carbs. I'm not saying eat tons of carbs, but when you watch how many calories you get in a day and take a look at which foods have the most, etc, you should naturally start making healthier food choices if you cannot go over a certain calorie limit.

Comment

Calories should be more important to watch than carbs, but at the same time, nutrition should come before calories. You need to make sure that you are eating a proper balance of carbs, proteins, and fats, while watching additional nutrients including calcium. That isn’t always easy to do but when you use a proper tool like online software that helps you to track your calories as well as all of those other factors, you will find that you will be able to balance things off more easily. It’s a skill and it takes some learning, but you start to find it very rewarding, especially when you start to feel very energized and drop pounds at the same time.

Comment

I can't stand low carb diets. They're a disaster for your body

Comment

It doesn't hurt to count carbs too

Comment

I agree with pretty much everyone else. Watching your calories is the better way to go.

Comment

Diets that require you to pay attention to your calorie intake are far better than those that are low in carbs. Understanding calories, knowing how much you need, and finding out how many are in the foods you typically eat, is extremely beneficial for losing weight and maintaining weight loss.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I had a feeling that low calorie would be better. I just find it difficult to keep track of calories. That said, lowering calorie intake does make a lot more sense for health and weight loss than lowering carbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X