low sugar diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low sugar diet

Can anyone recommend a good diet that helps with reducing sugar in order to lose weight and be healthy. I can’t seem to find anything. The closest I can find is counting carbs but I don’t want to cut all carbs, just refined sugars.

That's an interesting question, Madmike. I've never heard of a diet like that, but you're right, that would actually be a very good one!

Comment

I agree with PamelaPoison. That would be a good diet. I've heard of a diet called Sugar Busters, but I don't really know much beyond the name, unfortunately. Maybe try looking into that? For now, I guess the best thing you can do is find out what the daily recommended amount of sugar is for you, specifically, and try to stay within this limit. Stay away from sweets and read the backs of packages.

Comment

Unfortunately, there really aren't any diets that target reducing sugar specifically, at least none that I've seen. As Lady Greenfairy suggested, it might be best if you find out how much sugar is recommended in a day...I think it's something like 22 or 24 grams for the average adult and to put that into better perspective I think about 4 grams of sugar is equal to one teaspoon...and try to stay within that limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
          Unfortunately, there really aren't any diets that target reducing sugar specifically, at least none that I've seen. As Lady Greenfairy suggested, it might be best if you find out how much sugar is recommended in a day...I think it's something like 22 or 24 grams for the average adult and to put that into better perspective I think about 4 grams of sugar is equal to one teaspoon...and try to stay within that limit.
          That really stinks. In my opinion, one of the best things that we could cut out of our eating habits is refined sugar. You’d think with all of the hundreds of diets out there, there would be one that is focused on sugar. There are ones focused on everything from fats to carbs to grapefruits, but not sugar? That doesn’t make sense.

Comment

Working...
          X