Environmentally friendly diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmentally friendly diet

I was just reading this newspaper article - http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/mediter...tudy-1.2300190 - where it showed that studies have actually revealed that the Mediterranean diet isn’t just good for your health and even weight loss. It is also very good for the environment. This diet has a great deal of benefits to overall health and heart health but now you can feel better for eating in this style because it also reduces your carbon footprint. That makes me feel as though I can better embrace the energies of the Earth while being good to myself.

That's really interesting enviroTodd. I never thought of a diet's carbon footprint before, but I guess it makes sense when you really think about it. It's nice to know that this one is actually good for you and the environment. I like learning new things - especially positive things! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Ur so right envirotodd. Its so good knowing that ur being good 2 the earth while ur being good 2 urself. How do u always manage 2 come across such interesting news!!

Comment

Thank you BabyButtons. Don’t forget that it takes two people to communicate news. There’s one person who learns it and shares it, but then someone else needs to actually recognize its value and listen to it. You’re always clever to pay attention to what people are saying and select the important parts. You don’t just hear everything and accept it. You pay attention and think before you decide that what you’re hearing has value.

It’s always worthwhile sharing that kind of news when I know that you will be there to hear it. It boosts the positive energy flow through our exchanges.

Also, the more I’ve thought about the health of a diet and the health of its environmental impact, I’ve come to recognize that this makes complete sense. We are, after all, rooted in nature, whether we accept it or not. What is good for us should naturally be good for the environment, and what harms the environment should be seen as something that is harmful to us, as well, whether or not we have discovered how, yet.

Comment

Yes! Thats exactly it! 2 many people think of the environment as something separate from them but its really not. When it suffers we suffer. Were very connected 2 the world around us & the sooner we all realize that the better choices well make 4 ourselves and the world where we live

Comment

You’re absolutely right, BabyButtons. This applies with everything that we do in our lives, but when it comes to what we eat and the choices that we make for our foods, it is something that we can feel directly.

I find that when you want to start to blend your positive energies with those of your environment around you, one of the best places to start is in the areas where you will see a direct impact. For many people, seeing is believing, so do something that you can see. This will help to be able to make the right changes in other areas where you will need to believe that you are having an impact over time, even if you aren’t seeing dramatic results instantly before your eyes.

You are a beautiful person, BabyButtons!

Comment

Aww gosh envirotodd Thank you for saying so! Ur a beautiful person 2!

Comment

Working...
              X