are any of the paleo diets good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are any of the paleo diets good?

I know the regular paleo diet is being disproven more and more but there are so many different versions of it that they can't all be considered to be equally effective or not effective, right? Are any of them actually good or is the whole concept just junk?

I don't think any of them are good. Personally, they're based on theories that I don't support.I think a person's diet needs to have more variety and balance than what paleo recommends.

Comment

I think that the whole concept of these diets is overrated, Bethie. It's not so much that the paleo diets are bad, you will cut down on the amount of processed junk you eat following it, but it's based on a belief that doesn't make sense to our way of life. We don't live like hunter gatherers anymore. It's just not a diet that many people can stick to for a long time.

Comment

JokerzWild - thanks. I was hoping for better news, but I appreciate that you've spelled it out for me. Helps me to avoid using the wrong strategy.

Speeddemon - I think you're right. Every now and again I get swept into the hope that there will be this one great solution for me to follow to fix all the parts of dieting that I find hard, but you're right, it's not really about that. Thanks for the reminder, Speeddemon. I hope you have a good CHristmas, if you celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          JokerzWild - thanks. I was hoping for better news, but I appreciate that you've spelled it out for me. Helps me to avoid using the wrong strategy.

Speeddemon - I think you're right. Every now and again I get swept into the hope that there will be this one great solution for me to follow to fix all the parts of dieting that I find hard, but you're right, it's not really about that. Thanks for the reminder, Speeddemon. I hope you have a good CHristmas, if you celebrate.

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too, Bethie. And I hope Santa is good to you

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too, Bethie. And I hope Santa is good to you
            Turns out Santa was very good to me. I hope he was good to you, too! I kept up walking every day. In fact, I walked two times every day for the last three days and it has helped me to stay calm and to feel a lot better about what I'm eating. I've found that because I walked a lot, I've been drinking more water. Because I'm drinking more water, I'm not as hungry so I'm not pigging out on as much junk. It's really working out great for me. I guess Santa is the one between us who has the weight on this holiday season haha. I hope you're having a great holidays too, Speeddemon!

Comment

That's great to hear, Bethie. I actually had a pretty good Christmas, too. I didn't get in as much exercise as you, but I'm okay with that haha.Yes, let Santa and I put on the weight, you keep up the good work Have a great New Year.

Comment

Thanks Speeddemon. I hope you get back into the swing of things with the new year. Sounds like you've been doing pretty good. Don't want to waste all that goals stuff on a couple of weeks of being Santa-like ha ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                X