Diets for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diets for kids

Does anyone know of a good weight management diet for kids?

There are quite a few diets for children. I think one is called Grandma's healthy kids club or something to that effect. They are mostly focused on eating healthfully and in proper portion sizes. Try filling half the plate of each meal with fruits and veggies, a quarter with protein and a quarter with whole grains. Try to keep the protein lean, when possible, but focus on healthful fats like those in salmon, too.
    Get kids involved in the cooking of the food and they'll be way more interested in trying something new or giving something they didn't used to like another try. If your kid doesn't like veggies, the best way to have him or her like them is to get your kid to actually prepare them - or at least have a hand in it.
    Spread the positive energy about the meal experience and the eating of it will actually come a lot more smoothly. That way, it will be easier to encourage healthful eating instead of just trying to force your kid to eat at least one flower of broccoli.

Comment

Just teach them to be healthy

Comment

There is also a good diet called Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right, which teaches children about healthy and non-healthy foods and teaches them how to eat junk in moderation. I've also heard of slimkids, which I also think has had good reviews. Essentially, you want to provide them with a lifestyle that encourages them to eat well and be active. Teach them that being healthy is fun and make sure you're a part of that lifestyle. You can't expect a child to want to live a healthy lifestyle if you're not practicing what you teach!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
          There is also a good diet called Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right, which teaches children about healthy and non-healthy foods and teaches them how to eat junk in moderation. I've also heard of slimkids, which I also think has had good reviews. Essentially, you want to provide them with a lifestyle that encourages them to eat well and be active. Teach them that being healthy is fun and make sure you're a part of that lifestyle. You can't expect a child to want to live a healthy lifestyle if you're not practicing what you teach!
          Is that related to the stoplight diet? I'm just curious.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll look into those diets

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
              Thanks guys. I'll look into those diets
              Good luck! Be patient

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

Is that related to the stoplight diet? I'm just curious.

Actually I think the "Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right Diet" is different from the "Stoplight" or "Traffic Light Diet". They're both for kids except that I think the stoplight diet is only an 8-week program while the other diet is more of a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                X