The Bonus Years Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bonus Years Diet

This diet looks pretty good. Any diet that includes chocolate, red wine and nuts has my attention. Has anyone tried it and does it work well? I'm looking for a diet that isn't too hard to follow and includes some naturally good treats incorporated into it so I don't feel like I'm giving up all the good stuff.

I don't believe in this one. It seems to be appealing to those of us who want something that is too good to be true. I tend to lean toward the Mediterranean or DASH diet for something realistic

Comment

I dunno. Looks good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        I don't believe in this one. It seems to be appealing to those of us who want something that is too good to be true. I tend to lean toward the Mediterranean or DASH diet for something realistic

I agree with you Bonnie. I find that diets like these tempt you into getting into the habit of eating stuff that you don't actually need in your diet. They're just things that you want. I think you're far more likely to hinder your weight loss goals rather than meet them with a diet like this one.

Comment

What exactly does this diet say you an eat?

Comment

Apparently you can eat red wine, dark chocolate, fruits and vegetables, fish, garlic and nuts. These are the 7 "miracle" foods that are miraculously going to help you lose weight and help you live a longer life. I'm sorry to say, but this diet looks like a load of BS in my opinion.

Comment

I don't like anything that declares things "super" or "miracle" foods

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                I dunno. Looks good to me!

I still looks good to me, too MadMike haha. That said, because so many of you seem a little put off by it, I think I'll look into it more and find out what's really involved. Maybe I'll pick up the book and give it a read before I actually make any commitments. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X