A good diet that's not hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good diet that's not hard

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a diet that is healthy, easy to follow and won't cause me to make any extreme changes to my diet. I know that losing weight is hard, but I"m not expecting to lose weight overnight. I'd rather lose it steadily and over-time. What diet would best suit my goal?

It sounds like you've found the right attitude but haven't accepted the truth about what you need to do to actually lose weight. Gradually start eating better and boost your regular exercise. Start using a tracker if you're not sure how you're eating. Regardless of how well or badly you eat in a day, use Sharefit or Sparkpeople to track your food. Then at least you're building a habit of being accountable for how you eat. Don't go extreme on your calories. Be reasonable. And enter all your exercise, too. T he more you exercise, the more calories you can afford to eat while still losing weight. This works. It may sound basic but it works. If you do it right, you'll consistently lose 1 or 2 pounds each week. Get yourself a fitbit or other similar gadget if you want your exercise tracked for you.

Comment

What about DASH or MIND? Those are supposed to be very healthy and give you gradual weight loss

Comment

How about the Mediterranean diet. I've heard good things about that one and it's been around for years!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
          How about the Mediterranean diet. I've heard good things about that one and it's been around for years!
          Ya I heard that's good, too

Comment

Thanks guys! Those look like great suggestions! I'm going to look into them. The DASH diet sounds particularly interesting

Comment

That's great, Firefly! I hope you'll touch base with us over time and let us know how you're doing. DASH sounds very interesting to me and I'd love to hear about how you're doing before I give it a try for myself or before I tell other people they should try it out too. It sounds like it would need me to make some changes, but none of the changes seem too big so it sounds achievable. I hope it's that way for you, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                That's great, Firefly! I hope you'll touch base with us over time and let us know how you're doing. DASH sounds very interesting to me and I'd love to hear about how you're doing before I give it a try for myself or before I tell other people they should try it out too. It sounds like it would need me to make some changes, but none of the changes seem too big so it sounds achievable. I hope it's that way for you, too!
                I agree. Perhaps when we say we're going to begin new diets we should refer back and provide the results of our choices. I think it's important for us to follow up on what we are doing when we have been receiving advice from others on this forum board. It's great that we're helping each other and supporting each other. This site has a lot of positivity and we're given a lot of opportunity to exchange positive energies. However, we don't often find out how we've done after we have made our attempts. Firefly, it would be very good of you to let us know what it is to start on the DASH diet and how you do as you progress.
                Last edited by enviroTodd; 11-26-2016, 02:04 PM. Reason: didn't complete my thought before entering it.

Comment

Working...
                X