French Women Don't Get Fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Women Don't Get Fat

Does the French Women Don't Get Fat diet work? I looked into it and I know that it is a long-term weight loss plan designed to help you change your eating and exercise habits to naturally adopt a more healthful and lower-calorie lifestyle through portion control and choose food quality over quantity, but does this actually work? Can I expect to realistically lose weight on this diet and how hard is it to change the way you eat?

I don't really think this sort of diet is right for people for the most part. I do think people need to change a lifestyle with their eating but trying to adopt another culture is something else.

Comment

I honestly think the stupidest thing about this diet is the "magic" leek soup that you're supposed to eat for a couple days, which is supposed to help with weight loss. It's bogus claims like these that make me question a diet and doubt it's overall effectiveness due to certain steps of it being impractical. In other words Charlotte, while this diet has the potential to be pretty decent, the creator recommends some silly things that makes me feel like there are far better diet plans out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I honestly think the stupidest thing about this diet is the "magic" leek soup that you're supposed to eat for a couple days, which is supposed to help with weight loss. It's bogus claims like these that make me question a diet and doubt it's overall effectiveness due to certain steps of it being impractical. In other words Charlotte, while this diet has the potential to be pretty decent, the creator recommends some silly things that makes me feel like there are far better diet plans out there.
        To me, that just sounds like taking a new riff on the cabbage soup diet. Did they finally use up all the possible interpretations of cabbage soup so now they've moved on to the magic leek soup and pumped that into a fancy sounding chic diet? This frustrates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          To me, that just sounds like taking a new riff on the cabbage soup diet. Did they finally use up all the possible interpretations of cabbage soup so now they've moved on to the magic leek soup and pumped that into a fancy sounding chic diet? This frustrates me.

Exactly Bethie. It is very frustrating.You wish people would just be straight with you instead of pretending they've invented some awesome recipe that's going to do wonders for you. Just because something may help you lose weight or even cause weight loss doesn't necessarily mean it's "good" or "healthy" for you. I swear it's getting harder to find diets out there that weren't designed by seriously crazy people...

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Exactly Bethie. It is very frustrating.You wish people would just be straight with you instead of pretending they've invented some awesome recipe that's going to do wonders for you. Just because something may help you lose weight or even cause weight loss doesn't necessarily mean it's "good" or "healthy" for you. I swear it's getting harder to find diets out there that weren't designed by seriously crazy people...
            That's just it! It makes me so untrusting about everything after I see stuff like this. Then, even if there is something good for me, I'm so filled with doubt, I might not even try it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
              I don't really think this sort of diet is right for people for the most part. I do think people need to change a lifestyle with their eating but trying to adopt another culture is something else.

Yeah, you're probably right about that MadMike. There are some things that I do like about this diet and that make sense, but equally it's one thing to live like a French woman if you're in France and it's another to live the lifestyle in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post

Yeah, you're probably right about that MadMike. There are some things that I do like about this diet and that make sense, but equally it's one thing to live like a French woman if you're in France and it's another to live the lifestyle in America.
                Do you think this is actually how French women - I mean in France - actually live? I feel like we're being fed an awful lot of stereotypes. This sort of thing always seems suspicious to me.

Comment

Working...
                X