3-Hour Diet - Smart or Stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Hour Diet - Smart or Stupid?

I can't decide if the 3-Hour Diet is a genius idea or just plain silly and impractical. The idea is to eat small portions of food every three hours throughout the day. The idea is that by doing so you keep your metabolism super-charged and this lead to a reduction in body fat. Has anyone tried this or have thoughts they want to share? What do you guys think: is this a good diet or one that should be avoided like the plague?

I don't know if it actually works or not but it makes a lot of sense to me as long as you maek the right food choices. I wouldn't eat just any foods in that time, but in between meals if you eat things like cucumber slices, a small handful of almonds, carrots, celery, plain greek yogurt, low fat cheese and other similar options make sure you get something nutrient dense and filling (because of fiber and, in some cases, protein). You'll keep your metabolism running and you'll never feel starving so you won't overeat at dinner. But you need to be very careful or you can aeat far too many calories by eating so frequently.

Comment

I think there might be something to it but I couldn't do this in my life. I just don't have enough breaks at work or enough time when I get home to prep that many meals and snacks. Even if I did, I know myself and that I just wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        I think there might be something to it but I couldn't do this in my life. I just don't have enough breaks at work or enough time when I get home to prep that many meals and snacks. Even if I did, I know myself and that I just wouldn't do it.
        Yeah, I think I kinda agree with you on this one PamelaPoison. I don't think I could make this a practical part of my lifestyle, even if I had the time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I don't know if it actually works or not but it makes a lot of sense to me as long as you maek the right food choices. I wouldn't eat just any foods in that time, but in between meals if you eat things like cucumber slices, a small handful of almonds, carrots, celery, plain greek yogurt, low fat cheese and other similar options make sure you get something nutrient dense and filling (because of fiber and, in some cases, protein). You'll keep your metabolism running and you'll never feel starving so you won't overeat at dinner. But you need to be very careful or you can aeat far too many calories by eating so frequently.
          I couldn't agree more enviroTodd! I think that is the biggest concern of the diet. The fact that you are required to eat so frequently could easily lead to ingesting too many calories. Plus, it would be hard to eat every 3 hours depending on the lifestyle you lead. I can't imagine being able to do this at certain jobs. I mean you can't just eat on the job (depending on what it is) and you can't just take breaks every 3 hours either.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I couldn't agree more enviroTodd! I think that is the biggest concern of the diet. The fact that you are required to eat so frequently could easily lead to ingesting too many calories. Plus, it would be hard to eat every 3 hours depending on the lifestyle you lead. I can't imagine being able to do this at certain jobs. I mean you can't just eat on the job (depending on what it is) and you can't just take breaks every 3 hours either.
            That's just it. Whenever I hear about these recommendations that people try to fit 6 meals or even more into their daily lives I always get these visions of people sneaking away from their desks to hide in the bathroom and jam a bunch of food into their faces. WHo gets that many breaks at work if they don't work from home or have some other job where a boss or customers aren't staring at them all the time?

Comment

Working...
            X