Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the hardest part of losing weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great! I'm glad this poll has gotten such a high response It's been really interesting to see what everyone has to say and what they struggle with.

Comment

What I find the hardest is finding the self-control and self-discipline to make the necessary changes for losing weight. For me, it's not a matter of trying to stay motivated, it's about not giving into the desire to do what I want instead of what I know I should be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by jadenmiller
        I agree with you some of them are not motivate person properly rather they break their will power . According to me person should motivate to focus on long term not sort term goal, because its lengthy process. Make progress step by step which will remain long
        You're right. I guess it is a matter of the luck of the draw, like anything else. There are some good trainers out there and some lousy ones. When you get the good ones, it would make all the difference in the world.

I like your idea for step by step progress over the long term. That makes the goals seem more achievable because you're working in smaller goals as well as the larger ones. This will mean that while you're continually challenged, you don't end up feeling discouraged because it takes so long. Good idea.

Comment

For me it's the motivation to stay on target. After a couple of weeks of the same diets and exercises it starts to feel like more of a chore than anything else. I know that's not the best attitude, but it's the truth!

Comment

I find having to limit or give up the foods I love *cough cough* bacon, to be very difficult when it comes to losing weight. It's not so bad to substitute most foods, but there really just aren't awesome alternatives for things like bacon.

Comment

Changing eating habits is probably the toughest part of weight loss. Many people think that they can still have the same diet they've always had, but that they only need to reduce what their food consumption. However, if you have a diet that is high in fat, carbs, sugars, salt etc. You likely need to do a lot more than simply reduce what you eat. You need to replace some of what you eat with healthier stuff. This is really hard because when your tastebuds aren't happy, neither are you.

Comment

Working...
              X