Will I naturally crave less food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I naturally crave less food

I have to say, ever since I reduced the calories in my diet I feel hungry all the time and it's a miserable feeling. Will I ever stop feeling hungry as my body gets used to eating less? Or will I always feel hungry. Will my stomach ever shrink? Usually I'm a positive person, but my hunger pangs and cravings have gotten me down this week.

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
    I have to say, ever since I reduced the calories in my diet I feel hungry all the time and it's a miserable feeling. Will I ever stop feeling hungry as my body gets used to eating less? Or will I always feel hungry. Will my stomach ever shrink? Usually I'm a positive person, but my hunger pangs and cravings have gotten me down this week.
    If you keep your meals predictable and at about the same time of day, that can help to decrease that hunger feeling over time. The next thing you need to focus on is what is in your calories. All calories contain the same amount of energy, but they all work differently in your body. For example, a meal with a good balance of carbs, proteins and fat will fill you up and give you a more lasting feeling of fullness. If you eat something that is totally fat-free for example, you'll save on some calories but you'll feel hungry fast. So if you're eating a salad, add a bit of olive oil-based dressing (just a bit) so you get that added fullness benefit. You can also boost your fiber intake. Fiber fills you up but goes right through you (so to speak). So you get all the fullness without additional calorie impact. Even better is that because fiber supports regularity, it also helps to control bloating. Finally, drink lots of water. Flavor it (with lemon, lime, or a tiny amount of stevia-sweetened enhancer) if you have to. If you're drinking water all day, your body will naturally think it is fuller. Unsweetened teas without added milk also help if you want a warm beverage instead.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

If you keep your meals predictable and at about the same time of day, that can help to decrease that hunger feeling over time. The next thing you need to focus on is what is in your calories. All calories contain the same amount of energy, but they all work differently in your body. For example, a meal with a good balance of carbs, proteins and fat will fill you up and give you a more lasting feeling of fullness. If you eat something that is totally fat-free for example, you'll save on some calories but you'll feel hungry fast. So if you're eating a salad, add a bit of olive oil-based dressing (just a bit) so you get that added fullness benefit. You can also boost your fiber intake. Fiber fills you up but goes right through you (so to speak). So you get all the fullness without additional calorie impact. Even better is that because fiber supports regularity, it also helps to control bloating. Finally, drink lots of water. Flavor it (with lemon, lime, or a tiny amount of stevia-sweetened enhancer) if you have to. If you're drinking water all day, your body will naturally think it is fuller. Unsweetened teas without added milk also help if you want a warm beverage instead.
      Thanks enviroTodd! I can always depend on you to know exactly the right thing to say. I feel so much better now and like I can get back on track. I'm going to work on getting more fiber in my diet and some more protein! Now...if only I can make it through Thanksgiving

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and you enjoy some wonderful food. Also, I wanted you to know that I'm thankful for you as a friend. xo

Comment

Thanks enviroTodd! I can always depend on you to know exactly the right thing to say. I feel so much better now and like I can get back on track. I'm going to work on getting more fiber in my diet and some more protein! Now...if only I can make it through Thanksgiving

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and you enjoy some wonderful food. Also, I wanted you to know that I'm thankful for you as a friend. xo
        Remember that Thanksgiving is just one day. You have control over all the other days around it. (Happy Thanksgiving!)
        Even if you don't stay fully on track today, you can still pick up the slack tomorrow and the days after.

Comment

Remember that Thanksgiving is just one day. You have control over all the other days around it. (Happy Thanksgiving!)
          Even if you don't stay fully on track today, you can still pick up the slack tomorrow and the days after.
          Thanks, you're absolutely right! I'm feeling so much better now! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I did! I was also very proud of myself because I even resisted Black Friday shopping this year. I'm really trying to be better to the environment (and my wallet haha).

Comment

Thanks, you're absolutely right! I'm feeling so much better now! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I did! I was also very proud of myself because I even resisted Black Friday shopping this year. I'm really trying to be better to the environment (and my wallet haha).
            Wow, this is a big growth year for you. I admit that I did some Black Friday shopping this year, but it was all for sustainable and reusable products. It was for things I actually needed, not just for things I might have wanted. No new smart electronics. No new clothing. No gifts that have too much packaging or that would contribute to a disposable culture. I feel good about this year. I'm nearly as responsible as you are haha

Comment

Wow, this is a big growth year for you. I admit that I did some Black Friday shopping this year, but it was all for sustainable and reusable products. It was for things I actually needed, not just for things I might have wanted. No new smart electronics. No new clothing. No gifts that have too much packaging or that would contribute to a disposable culture. I feel good about this year. I'm nearly as responsible as you are haha
              Yeah, I was really proud of myself hee hee. I'm so glad you got good deals! You're always so responsible and good to the environment. There's nothing wrong with green shopping on Black Friday...hmmm Green Friday shopping? Maybe that could become trendy Merriest of Christmases to you my friend! <3

Comment

Yeah, I was really proud of myself hee hee. I'm so glad you got good deals! You're always so responsible and good to the environment. There's nothing wrong with green shopping on Black Friday...hmmm Green Friday shopping? Maybe that could become trendy Merriest of Christmases to you my friend! <3
                Happy New Year! Thank you for the holiday wishes. Maybe even if we weren't quite as green as possible over the holidays - we all slip a bit - we can make up for it in 2020 and moving forward

Comment

Working...
                X