I feel like I'm two people fighting over my weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I'm two people fighting over my weight

Every morning, I wake up and have a great breakfast. I feel fantastic. I have a great lunch. I feel fantastic. Then dinner comes and I eat like a pig...then even if I'm full, I eat one huge dessert or two small ones. I feel awful. Thing is, I know I'll do it again tonight and again tomorrow and I can't stop. It's like there's the me from waking up until dinner, then there's me from dinner to bedtime. What am I doing???

Maybe you're not eating enough throughout the day. Or, maybe your mind knows that when dinner time comes, after dinner you can relax cause you're done work for the day, so you kinda go into a bit of a "party" mode. Either way, it sounds like you need to look at how many calories you're eating before dinner, when you're exercising. Maybe you're accidentally "starving" yourself before dinner which is why you end up being so hungry.

Comment

Sounds like a combination of not consuming enough calories or the right type of foods (or snack) before dinner, a bit of stress that has you craving that extra sweet treat, and being tired. I have the same issue sometimes. Problem for me is by the end of the day I'm so exhausted and feeling down, so I look to food for comfort more than I do for sustenance. As a result, I'm likely to eat more and more of the things I want versus what I need. Plus, I eat in front of the TV. It's like I turn the evening into a mini vacation. The only way I can think of fixing it is altering your lifestyle as much as you can during the day, maybe choosing to exercise at different times, find ways to be more mindful, meditate before dinner, that sort of thing. It's easy to fall into bad habits without realizing you've done it.

Comment

Thanks, suzieQ and Speeddemon I'm feeling a bit better now. I was so angry when I wrote that. I think you're both right. I'm going to see what I can change this weekend. I'm hoping if I make my dinners in advance, I'll just eat those and then not eat so much in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          Thanks, suzieQ and Speeddemon I'm feeling a bit better now. I was so angry when I wrote that. I think you're both right. I'm going to see what I can change this weekend. I'm hoping if I make my dinners in advance, I'll just eat those and then not eat so much in the evening.
          Hope that does the trick Bethie! If not, you're welcome to vent again! Sometimes when things suck and you can't figure them out logically, it can make you angry. That said, I know you'll find the right change that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Hope that does the trick Bethie! If not, you're welcome to vent again! Sometimes when things suck and you can't figure them out logically, it can make you angry. That said, I know you'll find the right change that works for you.
            Thanks Speeddemon . I find I'm needing to vent a lot more lately than I have had to in the last while. I think I need a vacation...I think we all need a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Thanks Speeddemon . I find I'm needing to vent a lot more lately than I have had to in the last while. I think I need a vacation...I think we all need a vacation.
              I think we all need a vacation, too. It's hard to escape reality right now and there's a lot of bad in reality. That, on top of the typical daily grind are really quite killer right now. I know we'll get through this, but, man, when you're in the thick of suck...it really, really sucks LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

I think we all need a vacation, too. It's hard to escape reality right now and there's a lot of bad in reality. That, on top of the typical daily grind are really quite killer right now. I know we'll get through this, but, man, when you're in the thick of suck...it really, really sucks LOL
                It really does. I'm thinking of signing up for therapy. Also, I think I might to try to do more social-good things, like donating to charities or something like that. Maybe I'll drive for meals on wheels or something meaningful. I need to get good back in my life. Everything really does suck, you said it.

Comment

Working...
                X