Find your own motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find your own motivation

The reason why you might want to lose weight and the reason your friend might may not be the same. You need to find your own inspiration to lose weight and use this to propel you forward. For the longest time I was following a friend of mine's weight loss regimen and I started to find the entire program I was undertaking to be a giant chore. If you don't have the right motivation you'll start to resent dieting and exercising. So, whether you like tracking calories, tracking how many steps you walk in a day, keeping a food diary or whatever, do it. You don't need to do what someone else is doing. Make a plan that works for you and you will get results.

Ur right jokerzwild u do need 2 find the right motivation. If u build a diet program based on someone elses plans or ideals u likely wont excel at it unless what inspires them also happens to inspire u. Also if u want 2 be the most productive once u start ur goal u need 2 see it through 2 the end. Focus on 1 day at a time and dont get 2 far ahead of urself by thinking about what u want 2 acheive in the future. What u do today is what counts the most.

Comment

This is a very good lesson. Your positive energy and inspiration is your own. While it may align with that of someone else, this is not the rule of things. Instead, do things gradually, don't overwhelm yourself, and find the method that will drive you forward in your own way.

Just be sure that you are willing to try something else if you find that the method that you thought would work for you is not doing the job that you had expected. You may think that something is the right path for you but find that it is not. In that case, be willing to test out the methods that your friends have found helpful, for example. You may be surprised at how much positivity they can bring you. This is especially true if you can do it together. Working together is the most effective motivation there is. Right BabyButtons

Comment

People make all the difference. I have to say that they really help to bring back motivation even when you thought it was gone. It's not just about willpower. I was ready to give up. But the support of people around me made all the difference to keep going.

Comment

Yup, you need to find out what is right for you and do it. Know what inspires you and go for it. When you're happy everything works better.

Comment

A good tip. For me, this is an ongoing battle. I find that what motivates me constantly changes. So, I would add that it is a good idea to trust your instincts, even if what motivates you today does not appeal to you tomorrow. Do what feels right. Don't set yourself in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
              This is a very good lesson. Your positive energy and inspiration is your own. While it may align with that of someone else, this is not the rule of things. Instead, do things gradually, don't overwhelm yourself, and find the method that will drive you forward in your own way.

Just be sure that you are willing to try something else if you find that the method that you thought would work for you is not doing the job that you had expected. You may think that something is the right path for you but find that it is not. In that case, be willing to test out the methods that your friends have found helpful, for example. You may be surprised at how much positivity they can bring you. This is especially true if you can do it together. Working together is the most effective motivation there is. Right BabyButtons

Very right enviroTodd. I know u have taught me a lot about weight loss and positivity

Comment

I think we've taught each other, BabyButtons. You must be one of the most positive people I've ever seen. You're an inspiration to see. I'm sure you've motivated a lot of people who have read your posts even if they haven't commented!

Comment

Working...
                X