Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the best time of year to lose weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the best time of year to lose weight?

Is there a certain time of the year that you should start a weigh loss diet? I know that it might not make sense to put off a losing weight if that is your intention, but what I'm curious about is, is there a time of year when it is easier to lose weight compared to other times? Are you likely to achieve better results at certain times of the year? Has there ever been studies about that?

I don't really think there is a best time of year to lose weight. If you want or need to lose weight you should start right then. That said, I would probably say the spring or summer would be good times to start. When the weather is warmer and the days start getting longer, most people tend to have more motivation and are usually more optimistic. However...there really isn't an ideal time of the year to lose weight. The more you wait for a "right time" you're not really serious about your goals so you won't stick to them.

Comment

Thanks Tony1968. I didn't really figure there was an ideal time, but I was curious what someone else thought. I personally find it a lot easier to lose weight in the summer, but that's likely because I crave less fat and I wear fewer layers of clothing so my appearance matters more to me LOL

Comment

I agree that summer is better. It's way easier to eat light and to get out and exercise instead of just hiding inside where it's warm and eating heavy food

Comment

You can make it easy to lose weight at any time of the year as long as you pay attention to foods that are in season and get out and participate in sports that are appropriate for the weather. If you do that it will keep things fresh and interesting, too, so it won’t be boring.

Comment

Working...
          X