Buddies help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddies help!

One of the best things that I’ve done for my weight loss is to get buddies. I don’t have just one because my weight loss program doesn’t align with anyone else’s that I know, but I have people that I can walk with every day, a cycling partner, and even someone to swim with and it really encourages me to stay active!

That's great PennyThoughts and I couldn't agree more! I have buddies too and they are a huge help. It can be difficult to find motivation on your own, especially once the appeal has worn off.

Comment

They do! I have a buddy that I walk with. I'm pretty good at doing my other exercises but I find when it comes to cardio it really is a lot easier when you take the social route. If you can't find a buddy, it may be a good idea to take a class or go to the gym. It always helps to motivate you to pursue your goals when you know that you are not doing it alone!

Comment

Very true PennyThoughts. It's good that you brought this up because they do really help in a big way They help encourage you and you help encourage them. Things never seem so hard when you feel like you are not alone. As you said, you might not have one friend that follows everything you do, but there is someone out there engaging in at least one of the activities you enjoy! I know there's no way I'd be able to stick to my walks if I didn't walk with someone every day.

Comment

They sure do. I find it's especially important for exercise. Even when I do actually get my butt in gear and do my exercises alone, they're not as driven as they are when my workout buddy is with me.

Comment

Working...
          X