Host/Hostess gift without calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host/Hostess gift without calories

I’ve always brought baked goods as a gift to a host when I’m invited to parties and gatherings during the holidays. This year, I want to go calorie free. So no treats, no wine, and I don’t like bringing flowers. Any ideas?

You can always get them a fruit basket.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
      You can always get them a fruit basket.

um, I think you meant well JennyR, but the last time I checked fruit had calories But that's still healthier than baked treats.

Bonnie, why not bring them an ornament for their Christmas Tree? I always like recieving those. There are some really nice ones out there and they are in all different price ranges so you really can spend as much or as little as you want.

Comment

Bring them a small gift card of whatever you would have spent on them in a nice card. It's calorie-free and if they use it to buy calories, well, that's out of your hands lol!

Comment

I like to bring people special gift items that are unique to them. There are a number of charity sales in my area at this time of year, and this makes a great place for me to be able to find something artistic and hand made that I can get for people. I used to always bring candles for people, but after a while, people have had enough of candles and they just don't want any more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post

Bonnie, why not bring them an ornament for their Christmas Tree? I always like recieving those. There are some really nice ones out there and they are in all different price ranges so you really can spend as much or as little as you want.
            Oh that's such a good idea! I love getting christmas ornaments as gifts from people. They always end up picking out ones I never would have thought to get and it makes my tree look great because there is so much variety. Even the ugly ones make it better LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Oh that's such a good idea! I love getting christmas ornaments as gifts from people. They always end up picking out ones I never would have thought to get and it makes my tree look great because there is so much variety. Even the ugly ones make it better LOL

I agree! I love getting christmas ornaments. I've collected a lot of neat ones over the years that were given to me by guests and you're right, they tend to pick up ones I would never have thought to buy!

Comment

I know you don't want to bring anything with calories, but what if you ask the host if there is anything specific that you can bring that they will be serving so they don't have to worry about taking care of it. So while you may still be bringing calories, it was calories they were going to serve anyway! If they don't want you to bring anything specific you could also bring them festive items such as christmas music, christmas recipe book, or any other christmas decoration.

Comment

You could always donate to a charity in their honour. Either find a charity they really like and support or there are programs where you can buy animals or care packages for people and families in areas around the world that are less fortunate. It is the time of year for giving and sharing, after all.

Comment

Working...
                  X