Do stretch marks go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do stretch marks go away

I have stretch marks from all the weight I've put on over the years and now that I'm losing weight, I was wondering if these marks will go away. I don't expect them to go away instantly, but do they at least fade over time? *keeping fingers crossed*

That's such a good question, Firefly77. As far as I understand it, they don't completely go away unless you have a surgery for it. But they do fade. They get a little bit less dramatic as your skin sloooowly goes back to its old pre-stretched shape. Also, while the new ones can look pink or darker than your normal skin, at least the color fades and many of them turn skin colored so that they blend in a lot better.

Comment

I really hope they go away. I have them on the back of my arms where I lost weight. Why doesn't anyone warn you about this?

Comment

Unfortunately, they're kind of like cellulite, in that you just kinda have to get used to them being around. The stretch marks won't ever go away, but they do get less dramatic with time. Although you may not like them, try to see in a positive way. They are a part of your body so it's better to accept them and love yourself, even though I do know that sometimes that's a lot easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          Unfortunately, they're kind of like cellulite, in that you just kinda have to get used to them being around. The stretch marks won't ever go away, but they do get less dramatic with time. Although you may not like them, try to see in a positive way. They are a part of your body so it's better to accept them and love yourself, even though I do know that sometimes that's a lot easier said than done.
          That's what I've heard, too. And just to be clear, women aren't the only ones who get them (I know you didn't say they were). Men get them, too. I have them on my arms near the back of my arm pits, because of weight loss

Comment

I've heard that if your rub certain oils on your skin, you can massage them out and can add elasticity to your skin so that it will help it to go back to its normal shape instead of being stretched
            Last edited by PamelaPoison; 09-13-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I sure wish that mine would. In my experience they lighten a bit over time but they're like having a scar. They never really do go away.

Comment

For stretch mark go away I use dermelastic serum after every shower to rub into my stretch marks and pat it into my face before moisturizer. It's incredibly moisturizing and it's been helping my red stretch marks fade post baby. I also add a couple drops into the bath. I'm on my 4th jar and will continue to use.

Comment

Working...
                X