Fiber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiber

I think that I have lost track of my understanding of fiber as a weight loss promoter and I am wondering if anyone can clear things up.

I know that eating high fiber foods can fill you up quickly on fewer calories. I know that it is also very good for you and (as long as you stay hydrated) can help you to naturally "detox" so that you don't bloat up and look heavier than you are. So fiber is definitely good for weight loss.

But I see fiber based pills (pills that are based on a fiber substance that will expand in the stomach, I'm not talking about laxatives) and they don't get good reviews. Is that because fiber doesn't work in pill form? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Personally, I think the best way to include high-fiber in your diet is to obtain it from natural food sources and forget the pills. That said, I’ve also read bad reviews about fiber-based diet supplements/pills for weight loss that expand in the stomach to help you feel fuller. I think there are a few major problems with these pills. To start, you need to drink a lot of water for the substance in the pills to expand in your stomach. Secondly, I’ve read that while this may make you feel fuller, it can stop your body from receiving proper nutrients from the foods you do eat. Also, I have no idea what that gunk will do to your digestive system as it works its way through it, and I don’t even want to know what the experience is like when it comes out the other end. To me, those pills sound like they could potentially be a good idea for those seeking to eat less, but ultimately leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
      Personally, I think the best way to include high-fiber in your diet is to obtain it from natural food sources and forget the pills.
      I completely agree with that. I am so tired of relying on pills for every little thing. This is especially true when it comes to things like fiber that are so easy to put into your food.

Comment

I think that fiber based diet pills are the kind that expand in yoru stomach to make you more filled up. I imagine it's the same as eating fiber but I don't really know that

Comment

There are pills that contain fiber that expand in your stomach??? Am I the only one who thinks that's wrong and kinda gross?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
            There are pills that contain fiber that expand in your stomach??? Am I the only one who thinks that's wrong and kinda gross?
            LOL I can't say that it sounds all that appealing to me, either. I dont' find a description of most things that go on in my belly to be all that appealing, though

Comment

Working...
            X