carb blockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb blockers

Do carb blockers actually work? I mean the white kidney bean ingredient that they use. Does it actually block carbs in any real way that can lead to weight loss in the way that fat blockers, do?

Some carb blockers do work, in the scientific sense. Like, if you took white kidney bean extract, it would stop your body from absorbing a small percentage of the overall carbohydrates you eat. That said, you won't get enough help that you will just be able to take carb blockers and lose weight. It's not even proven whether or not they give you any real advantage even alongside a low-carb diet. Yes,the ingredient can stop you from absorbing some carbs, but they're not proven to make enough of a difference to bring you weight loss. It's your choice if you want to be a guinea pig on this one.

Comment

Honestly, I think that any results you get while you're taking carb blockers are because of your own hard work. If you're cutting carbs, you'll probably see some results regardless of whether you're taking a pill, provided you're choosing the right other foods to replace them with.

Comment

I agree. Carb blockers aren't going to help you with weight loss. Any weight you do lose while taking them will be the result of your own hard work. It's not that they won't necessarily help block carbs, it's just that this isn't going to prevent weight gain in any real sense. You still need to control the number of calories you eat. I think it's a good idea to avoid carb blockers and even fat blockers because a lot of people think that if you are taking these types of pills it's a free pass and you can eat what you want without consequences.

Comment

I dont' see them doing enough to make a difference. I'm sure they do something in a test tube, but nothing on your scale. They're just not powerful enough in that sense especially with a changing diet every day.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            Some carb blockers do work, in the scientific sense. Like, if you took white kidney bean extract, it would stop your body from absorbing a small percentage of the overall carbohydrates you eat. That said, you won't get enough help that you will just be able to take carb blockers and lose weight. It's not even proven whether or not they give you any real advantage even alongside a low-carb diet. Yes,the ingredient can stop you from absorbing some carbs, but they're not proven to make enough of a difference to bring you weight loss. It's your choice if you want to be a guinea pig on this one.
            Weird. So essentially they work in that they can help to reduce some of the crabs that you absorb, but they don't actually provide any real weight loss benefit...yikes. Is this same story for fat blockers and fat binders, too?

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Weird. So essentially they work in that they can help to reduce some of the crabs that you absorb, but they don't actually provide any real weight loss benefit...yikes. Is this same story for fat blockers and fat binders, too?
              So pretty much they're a waste of time when you should be dieting right anyway and they're sure not going to help you if you keep eating the way you do even after you stop using them. This sort of thing makes my brain hurt.

Comment

Will this sort of thing ever be regulated? Do other countries regulate this stuff? Is the information out there?

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
                  Will this sort of thing ever be regulated? Do other countries regulate this stuff? Is the information out there?
                  I doubt it. I think it would be really difficult to regulate it. Other countries likely have their own regulations. However, it's not just a matter of regulating dietary supplements in general, but those that apply to weight management. We'll have have to keep our fingers crossed that scientists keep researching and studying the key OTC herbal weight loss ingredients.

Comment

Working...
                  X