Taurine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurine?

Is taurine a good thing to use in diet pills? I see it now and again. Is it from beef somehow? I know that's probably a dumb question but it sounds sort-of sounds like taurus which is a bull

Taurine isn't from bulls, but I see where you might think that. It's actually an amino acid that's found commonly in foods like meat fish and dairy. I guess if you like to eat bull you could get it from there LOL. It's thought that taurine can speed up your metabolism and help you burn fat. No idea if it does this or not, but even if it does, like every other OTC diet pill ingredient how beneficial it might be to you depends on your diet and exercise strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
      Is taurine a good thing to use in diet pills? I see it now and again. Is it from beef somehow? I know that's probably a dumb question but it sounds sort-of sounds like taurus which is a bull
      LOL I associate it with bulls, too, but that's because I know its in Red Bull LOL LOL. I never thought about the link between Taurine and Taurus. As for its use in diet pills, I don't think it's all that harmful. I would be more worried about how many stimulants they include with it. Taurine by itself should be fine though

Comment

LOL I love that you asked that question! I wonder why it was named that way if there's no link. I think if you take a small amount of taurine and not too often, you should be fine.

Comment

I agree. I think it seems like it should be Bull related!

Comment

Working...
          X