FDA approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA approved?

Are the best diet pills those that are FDA approved? I've often wondered if in order for a product to be considered best it should receive approval from a trusted organization.

I wouldn't say that they are necessarily the best diet pills, but it's good to have the approval of a respected organization like the FDA because it means that the product has had to pass certain tests in order to be approved.That said, just because the FDA approves a diet pill product doesn't meant that it will necessarily work for you or even be suitable for you. This is why it is always important to speak with your healthcare provider.

Comment

I think the only diet pills that are FDA approved are prescription ones. I guess it depends on whether or not you need a prescription drug.

Comment

As Brightstar said, it's only the prescription drugs that have FDA approval. Non-prescription drugs don't. This is one of the main reasons you should talk to a medical professional before taking any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post
          As Brightstar said, it's only the prescription drugs that have FDA approval. Non-prescription drugs don't. This is one of the main reasons you should talk to a medical professional before taking any of them.
          Well said. That's exactly why. At least with the help of a doctor, you'll know if what you're taking is safe. Even if it doesn't end up helping you at least you'll be able to tell that it won't hurt you.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I guess the best thing to do is talk to the doctor. It would be nice if there was some sort of trusted approval system though

Comment

I really would. It does make us feel like we're on our own, don't you think? Stupid, really.

Comment

Working...
              X