Probiotics for digestion/IBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probiotics for digestion/IBS

I was reading the bottles in the probiotics section of my supplements store and saw that different ones do different things. There are some for feminine health, some for digestion, some for colon health, some for IBS. If you get one that improves digestion, does that mean it is also good for supporting a healthy weight loss effort?

I don't know much about probiotics, but I would think that anything that improves or benefits digestion would naturally support a healthy weight loss effort. I mean the better your digestion, the healthier you are and the more your body will make good use of the food you eat. Also, I think when you digest properly you feel better so you shouldn't feel as bogged down. Maybe I'm not right about that, but that's what I think anyway.

Comment

If probiotics actually work and do help to improve digestion than, yes, I think that they can support a healthy weight loss effort. After all, anything that supports health in your body that is in any way related to eating and processing the foods you eat should help support healthy weight loss. That said, I wouldn't go out of my way to take probiotic supplements to help me lose weight either. I don't think they're directly beneficial to fat loss.

Comment

I guess as long as you're absorbing nutrients better and aren't bloating up, you'll lose weight better. I can't see how they'd cause better fat loss.

Comment

I agree with you MadMike. I mean I definitely don't think it could hurt taking probiotics if you think that they could do good things for your body, but I don't actually think they'll cause you to lose anymore fat than if you don't take them.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are studies now supporting the use of probiotics to help with weight loss. They're relatively recent.They are only the start of showing the difference good bacteria makes within the digestive tract.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
              I'm pretty sure there are studies now supporting the use of probiotics to help with weight loss. They're relatively recent.They are only the start of showing the difference good bacteria makes within the digestive tract.
              I'm curious. How could having good bacteria in your digestive tract be beneficial for weight loss?

Comment

Working...
              X