Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which OTC diet pills do you think are the safest or most effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which OTC diet pills do you think are the safest or most effective?

Here's a question for everyone. Which non-prescription pills do you think work the best or are the safest to take?
    Herbal supplements
    46.15%
    OTC pills with pharmaceutical ingredients (chemicals) etc.
    30.77%
    Pills that contain both herbs and chemicals
    23.08%

I think that there is something to be said about combining the best of both worlds. Chemicals can do a lot of amazing things and herbs can help to support those effects in a lot of ways or enhance the abilities of the chemicals without producing as many side effects. I just think that both categories have a lot to offer in a safe and effective way so there's really no reason to think that one or the other is best.

Comment

In my opinion, it really depends on the ingredients. There are some great chemical-based ingredients and there are some great herbals, as well. But at the same time, there are some terrible ones in each category. So I think that while both categories do have a lot of potential, as with everything, you need to pick out the good ones for any effect and safety.

Comment

herbal supplements are probably best because a lot of herbs have been used and tested over hundreds of years so they are known to actually work.

Comment

I like pharmaceutical ingredients. I just don't find that herbals are strong enough for what I want them to do. If I'm going to pay for something I want it to really work

Comment

I don’t really have a lot of faith in herbal supplements in terms of them being beneficial for helping with weight loss. I don’t mind if I take pills that contain both, but I feel that the ones with pharmaceutical grace ingredients are best.

Comment

I think that a combination would likely produce the best results. I like the idea of pills containing natural ingredients, but at the same time I feel that chemicals are stronger. I think they'd create a good balance.

Comment

I would think herbal supplements are better, as they tend to be gentler on the body and carry less side effects on the whole.

Comment

I think herbal would definitely be the safest. I know that they can still cause side effects in some people, but it's a lot easier discovering if you're allergic or have a bad reaction to a specific herb compared to a chemical substance, in my opinion. As for the effectiveness, I think it depends on the quality of the product.

Comment

I would think the the ones that are designed to mimic prescription drugs would be the most effective. In terms of safety, I think it really depends on an individual's health, what they are allergic to, and if they are taking other medications that may result in negative interactions.

Comment

I didn't vote, because I don't think that herbals are safer than chemicals or vice versa. Whether or not an OTC diet pills is safe or effective depends on what an individual considers to be safe or effective for themselves. It also depends on what studies have been done to prove the safety and efficacy of the products. Both can be effective and safe, and they can equally be useless and dangerous.

Comment

It is better if it comes from nature. Herbal supplements are safest & best.

Comment

You just like to be difficult when you take part in one of my polls, don’t you, WolfMoon?

Comment

I'm going to say the chemical-based ones, because any herbal one I've tried that's suppose to help suppress the appetite has done squat for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X