fat blocker side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fat blocker side effects

I know that prescription fat blockers have some nasty side effects. Does anyone know if nonprescription ones make you go through the same thing?

Assuming that you find a fat blocker that actually works, they should all have the same kind of side effects, I would think. I'm just nto sure if any of the over the counter ones actually work.

Comment

Originally posted by KenTraver View Post
      Assuming that you find a fat blocker that actually works, they should all have the same kind of side effects, I would think. I'm just nto sure if any of the over the counter ones actually work.
      That's exactly my opinion on the matter. If you find an OTC that works it will likely produce the same side effects. If it doesn't work, the major side effect is you wasted your money for nothing.

Comment

There is always a chance that you could encounter the same side effects with non-prescription fat blockers, and there is a chance that while you might not experience the same issues, you could encounter a whole set of new ones. There’s always a risk. If you’re really interested in trying the OTC variety, pay attention to how your body reacts to it. That’s all you can really do. Also, keep in mind that aside from side effects, fat blockers can be bad because while they might stop your body from storing extra fat, they could also prevent it from obtaining essential fat that contains nutrients.

Comment

I agree with that. If you find a fat blocker that actually works that is over the counter, then you can expect them all to have the same kinds of side effects. Just os you know, they're very embarassing. They include cramps, gas, abdominal pain, loose stool and not having all that much control. YOu may find yourself running to the bathroom at top speed until you get your diet under control ...ew

Comment

I've tried Alli. That's a fat blocker that is available over the counter and is effective. I know this is too much information but I tried it for a while without problems because I had a low fat diet along with it. Then I had a funnel cake at an amusement park. It didn't work out well. It's possible to control the effects by not eating much fat but when it's bad, it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
              I agree with that. If you find a fat blocker that actually works that is over the counter, then you can expect them all to have the same kinds of side effects. Just os you know, they're very embarassing. They include cramps, gas, abdominal pain, loose stool and not having all that much control. YOu may find yourself running to the bathroom at top speed until you get your diet under control ...ew
              ew indeed! Remind me to never try fat blockers!

Comment

Working...
              X