white Willow Bark warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white Willow Bark warning

I don't know if anyone else has heard about this but apparent experts are warning that because White Willow Bark is similar to aspirin it may interfere with the body's response against COVID-19. There isn't any strong data to support this but there's also not good data to support using this herb for COVID either. I just wanted to share this because I found this surprising and eye opening, especially since this herb can be found in a number of dietary supplements, including those for weight loss.

Oh geez that's good to know. Does that mean that aspirin isn't recommended either? At the start of all this, they were saying not to use ibuprofen but then that changed. I hope this one will change too. So many people take aspirin.

Comment

OMG do they know why? That's in a diet pill my brother is using. SHould I tell him to stop?

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post
        OMG do they know why? That's in a diet pill my brother is using. SHould I tell him to stop?
        I was going to ask the same thing! I mean if it's like aspirin shouldn't it be okay? I don't think aspirin is dangerous for COVID-19. I think they thought it might be at first, but I think that they found out that in an NSAiDs aren't a problem. I guess TammyBear your brother should contact his doctor or pharmacist just to be sure.

Comment

I didn't know any of this. Why would Aspirin not be ok just because white willow bark isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
            I didn't know any of this. Why would Aspirin not be ok just because white willow bark isn't?
            Honestly, I genuinely have no idea. I just wanted to pass on what I'd read from WebMd because they clearly thought it was worthy to note. Personally, I would say just don't take it. If you need/want to take something with white willow bark in it, or aspirin, or an NSAID or whatever for the long term, you should really just get in touch with your doctor and ask them what they suggest or recommend if you are worried about interactions in the off chance you may get COVID.

Comment

Every time I scroll through my Facebook or the news, I run into more headlines saying that this food, nutrient, ingredient or whatever, is good or bad for covid. I'm just waiting to hear conclusive things before I change any habits.

Comment

Working...
              X