What is Cha de Bugre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Cha de Bugre?

I've seen the ingredient Cha de Bugre in many non-prescription weight loss pills. What is this exactly and is it a stimulant? Is it actually beneficial for weight loss?

I don't think it's beneficial for weight loss and if it is it hasn't been proven. It's one of those substances that is acclaimed for its health benefits, etc. but honestly there isn't enough clinical evidence to back up just how great some people claim it is. I think it's a plant native to Brazil and it is also a stimulant. I've heard mixed things about it. Some people say that while it contains less caffeine than coffee the effect is a lot stronger than coffee. I have no idea how true that is, all I know is that it's a stimulant so you need to keep that in mind if you use a product that contains cha de bugre and other stimulants because this will increase the risk of side effects.

Comment

I think Janet is right. It's a stimulant but a lot of times it shows up in pills that make promises that are different than normal stimulant based diet pills. I've seen some that say that they're carb blockers or fat blockers. If it's a stimulant, shouldn't it be a fat burner?

Comment

Che de bugre sounds like a bad dance

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
          Che de bugre sounds like a bad dance

LMAO! It really does. Is that one of the ingredients for weight loss that Dr. Oz claimed was a "miracle" or am I thinking of something else?

Comment

Very little is known abut Cha de bugre and its benefits for weight loss. It is stimulant and I agree with you brightstar it would make more sense as a fat burner. I don't know why it would be a fat blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
              Very little is known abut Cha de bugre and its benefits for weight loss. It is stimulant and I agree with you brightstar it would make more sense as a fat burner. I don't know why it would be a fat blocker.
              I think that it should be considered something to stay away from until they actually figure it out!

Comment

Does it have known side effects?

Comment

Poo! Sorry to see it's another unproven weight loss ingredient. Thanks for letting me know it is a stimulant Firefly77

Comment

Working...
                  X