dandelion root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dandelion root

is dandelion root good for weight loss? I’ve seen it in a few supplements but I don’t understand what it does

I think it's a diuretic, so it makes you have to pee more, so it would help you get rid of excess water weight. Personally, I avoid weight loss products that contain diuretics. I think they're dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
      I think it's a diuretic, so it makes you have to pee more, so it would help you get rid of excess water weight. Personally, I avoid weight loss products that contain diuretics. I think they're dangerous.
      I think you're right, TracyK. I thought it was for nutrient absorption but I just looked it up and it's listed as a diuretic. That's a sneaky one! It sounds so natural and innocent!

Comment

It's good for water weight loss, but not actual fat loss Chefmel.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
          It's good for water weight loss, but not actual fat loss Chefmel.
          Is it actually good for water weight loss? I mean, is it actually effective so you can see a difference?

Comment

Dandelion root can be good for water loss, but it depends on how much you're taking. If you're taking it in the form of a weak tea that you take once per day or less, then it is likely fine for most healthy peopel who aren't taking other supplements and who aren't taking any medications. But it can be harmful to people who have some very common medical conditions or who take some very common supplements and medications. It can also be harmful to healthy people if they take it too much. Ask your doctor, an herbalist or even a pharmacist. All those people should be able to help.

Comment

Working...
            X